Iphone 4 and Itunes 10 syncing two macs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TINCAN78, Sep 4, 2010.

1. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

I had this working previously by changing the persistent id in the music library on the second mac to match the one from the first however i have tried doing the same with my new macbook pro and itunes 10 and its not working...

Anyone else got it working??

2. TINCAN78 thread starter macrumors regular

Has no one else changed there library key to match another mac to allow syncing with two macs ??

Any ideas just want to sync with my imac which has all my music on but then also sync with the new MBP so i can stick the odd song on the iphone while on the road...... it was easy before so must be a Itunes 10 issue..

3. TINCAN78 thread starter macrumors regular

To post back the answer in case anyone else gets stuck like this......

I deleted all itunes 10 files including library files and reinstalled itunes 9.2. I then went in and changed the ID (on second mac) in both itunes music library.xml and also itunes music library to the same ID as that of my imac (first mac) and my iphone could then sync and load music from my macbook pro and iMac. I then reupgraded to iTunes 10 and synced the iphone and all was well.....