iPhone 4 and my new car stereo - bluetooth question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Mar 18, 2011.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I got this car deck installed in my car at bestbuy (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=eb5fbda851f20c55efd9e7ad38f50291en02 ), and it's really good so far. It took me 2 minutes to pair it up with my iPhone via bluetooth, and it works perfect!

The one concern i have is regarding the sound quality. It sounds flawless when the iPhone is plugged in via USB, but over bluetooth, it sounds like FM quality (at best! - in reality, it's like 80% of what FM radio is). Its not noticable if you like the music on really low, but once you turn it up, you can really tell the difference in quality. No stuttering or cutting off, which is good, but just this quality problem. Is this normal or is something going on wrong here?

I remember the guy who installed the car deck at bestbuy told me that the deck has 2 usb ports, one in the front, and one in the back, and that he installed the 'bluetooth dongle' in the back, so he can leave the front one empty for me to use. I tried holding my iphone as close as possible to the deck, but the quality still sucks.

Anyone?

2. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

I have a JVC Arsenal similar to this one it's a bit older I guess, had it about a year. Decent deck and a good bang for the buck.

My iPhone 4, which I got recently (Verizon) works perfectly with it audio wise via Bluetooth. I doubt it's an issue with the location of the Bluetooth dongle though, it's only a difference of like 6 inches? You might want to pull the deck and remove and reseat the dongle though and see if that helps. Not sure how hard it is on your car. I drive a MINI so it's only a few bolts.

The issue that I have, is that my contacts will not transfer to my stereo. Every other phone I've had transfered them over no problem.

3. cipher29 macrumors regular

I've notice Bluetooth Audio with my iPhone is average quality as well.. I also own an Nokia N8 and the audio quality over bluetooth is astounding. But, it's a catch 22... The audio output on the N8 with headphones is crap compared to the iPhone.. Why can't someone in the world make a perfect phone? :D

4. iBryton macrumors regular

I have a 2010 Infiniti G37 and it's built in, but the sound on USB/Bluetooth is the same to be honest.

5. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I have a Kenwood DNX 5120 with blutooth. The audio is great, but every few minutes it kind of skips. Like having a CD in an old Walkman.