iPhone iPhone 4 and redsn0w troubles

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NOEN, Feb 15, 2013.

1. NOEN macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 laying around that I have jailbreaked (tethered) last year. It's running iOS6.0.1. That worked. Now, I tried doing it but several things don't work.
    1. Tethered boot: unrecognized build
    2. Select IPSW. None of the IPSW that I downloaded back then for the jailbreak are working, redsn0w says that the IPSW is not supported. Running redsn0w 0.9.10b5c btw.
    3. Jailbreak again: it passes 2nd stage and reboot, gets stuck at identifying build, saying it's unrecognized. Then the iPhone just reboots
    4. Reset deleting all settings and content: boot loop
    So I thought it might be a good idea to just push the firmware to the phone again for a full reset. But of course iTunes will only download and install the latest version....does anyone know how to solve my problem and/or how to install 6.0.1 firmware on my iPhone?

I'm kind of an iPhone n00b, being an Android-owner, but I have really tried and also used Google quite a lot. Hope you guys can help me.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Current jailbreak for all iOS6 versions is evasi0n.
    Restore to current firmware, use it, that is your problem

Oh and this is all contained in numerous existing threads already here :rolleyes:

3. NOEN thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is, I don't know how to restore to current firmware. But I will have a search using the words "restore to current firmware". English is not my native language and maybe I haven't used the right combination of words.

4. NOEN, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

NOEN thread starter macrumors newbie

Still doesn't work: error 1394. There is no line in my hosts file either...will continue searching.

Edit: reinstalled newest iTunes after completely wiping the old installation, also removed hosts temporarily. No results....gotta be kidding me :/