Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpman2033

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I searched through the forum quickly to find out about the iphone 4's scratch resistance (other than the guy with the Pop Tart). There are a ton of threads about cracking if dropped and stuff of that nature, but what about the phones natural scratch resistance. I really like the phones natural screen and don't want a protector (same for the back). All I want to use is the bumper. I take good care of my phone (never put it in my pocket with anything else, not even paper). Is anyone out there getting a lot of scratches? I went for almost 6 months without a screen protector on my 3g and never had scratches. Let me know your thoughts and experiences. Also, if there is a thread somewhere else, please let me know.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
No scratches after nearly 3 weeks of being naked in my pocket. On the other hand, my wife who throws her naked iP4 in her purse has several scratches.

Bumpers are known to cause scratches so I'd avoid them and just wear it 100% naked in a dedicated pants pocket.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Mine was scratched in a micro-fiber bag in my pocket shared with nothing else.

Take it for what it's worth, but I have read similar stories here as well. My wife's phone is scratched on the back and it has it's own pocket in her purse.

There are countless threads on here about scratches all over the back of the phone from people just setting them down.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The whole problem with shattered screen on a small number of users is the extremely scratch resistant screen.

Scratch resistance? There is pretty much no resistance to scratches. :/

Good job trolling. Who needs proof when you have the internet?

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
The whole problem with shattered screen on a small number of users is the extremely scratch resistant screen.

I have three phones that are proof.

Drink more kool-aid.

UCF Sam

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010

I'm not trolling, mine is scratched to hell and its only been 3 weeks. Ridiculous.

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010

The screen maybe. However, the back is very much so prone to scratches. And what is with the name calling? The term troll is so played out! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.