Iphone 4 and Winterboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AiRTiMe34, Aug 2, 2010.

1. AiRTiMe34 macrumors newbie

The biggest features I missed since not having my iPhone 4 jailbroken were my custom sliders and SMS bubbles.

I sat down and sifted through posts and posts trying to combine data to figure out how to get them working again.

I figured it out.

The new images are all 2 times larger for the new retina display so all images (PNG files) have to be doubled in size.
    I just took each image in to photoshop and doubled their pixel count.

Sliders ( 71 x 47) doubled to (142 x 94).
    Chat bubbles (43 x 32) doubled to (86 x 64)

I put both the original file and the new double sized file in my themes just incase.
    The double sized file needs to be the exact same name as the original file except at the end it needs @2x.png so the iOS knows its the double sized one.

example:
    bottombarknobgray.png
    bottombarknobgray@2x.png

I did this with all images that I intended to replace.

For the new images to work with Winterboard you need to update how the file system is handled in the new iOS.

Old system the tree looked like this:
    CustomSliders.theme\Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI\bottombarknobgray.png

The new systems has to look like this:
    CustomSliders.theme\Folders\TelephonyUI.framework\bottombarknobgray.png

This format worked for both my sliders and SMS bubbles.

Hope this helps someone.
    AiRTiMe34

2. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

3. beefyben macrumors newbie

Slightly off topic, but I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to set up Tap to Unlock on my iPhone 4 with high-res graphics without using Winterboard. Finally figured it out. This community has been so amazing I figured I should try and give something back. Here's the rundown:

Download "Tap To Unlock" from Cydia. I don't understand what this does but it seems to be part of the process.

Use the files I attached, there's a Readme.txt that tells you where to put them, original files in case you screw up, and a Photoshop template to make your own images as well.

Hope this helps someone as much as all the other information this community has put out helped me.

-B

Attached Files: