iPhone 4 Antenna Gate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuffradio, Aug 6, 2010.

1. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Why does the Apple fanbase get so mad at people who claim the iPhone has antenna issues? I have an iPhone 4 now and just barely touching it drops the antenna to almost 0. I haven't tested it in other parts, but my iPhone 3G never had these problems.

I don't really use the phone part so it doesn't bother me as much... and I'm getting a free case :)

There is no denying it has antenna issues no matter how you want to spin it. I pick up my phone it drops to 1-2 bars. I put it down and it shows full bars. It hasn't dropped a call yet, but the audio quality is bad when it gets lower.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Welcome to 4 weeks ago. :p

Seriously though, what type of answers are you expecting?

3. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

Given the sensitive issue... I'm expecting that I'd get flamed... but if it really is a problem, it shouldn't be told to everyone that it isn't a problem. It does affect my call quality but I haven't left my house with it yet so I don't know if the way the iPhone 4 handles the connection is different than my 3G.

Does anyone else have the antenna problem exist at their house and then have it not exist somewhere else?

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

Just stop already. OP go touch your phone and watch the bars drop, this forum is finally getting back to normal and threads like this just annoy the **** out of anyone who enjoys posting here.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

:D:D:D This right here just made my day ....thank you!!

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It was my pleasure.

7. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

No problems with my iPhone 4. If you're unhappy with the audio quality of your phone, why keep it?

Don't really think we need more of these threads.

And btw its "Antennagate." One word. If you don't understand the original reference to the Watergate (One word) scandal, don't use the pun.

8. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

This one made MY day, as well. We've seen all of the "Antennagate" issue we need to see, barring some spectacular future development. Thanks, Ferris23!

9. urbanj macrumors regular

I live in Vancouver Canada on the Telus network and have full bars pretty much everywhere I go. If the signal does go down it hasn't affected any aspect of the use of the phone. Truthfully though, I was worried it was going to. I am using a case but when I take it off and touch the bad area it still doesn't do a thing.

I'm going to say this antennagate issue is coming from people that live in an area with crappy service. Nothing you can really do about it. Maybe blame the network for not providing enough coverage in your area or move?

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

This post was too good not to be quoted a third time!:D

11. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

I live close to you... I have no crappy coverage.

12. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

People keep posting in here so I'm going to keep replying. If no one else replies from now on, this thread will be buried by other new threads :)

13. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'll reply with a serious thought. Two people have iPhones. Person G (for good) has no issues. Person P (for problem) has issues.

Person G tells everyone his iPhone is fine. Anyone with problems, including Person P, is upset because they can't believe that.

Person P tells everyone that all iPhones have problems and everyone needs to accept that fact, causing Person G to fire back.

Now who is right here? No one. G's phone is fine for him. End of story for G. P's phone sucks and they either need to live with it, return it, or put a case on it. End of story for P.

Why must each person keep posting threads that add no new news, discussion, or insight? All they do is keep adding fuel to the fire in an unwinnable war.

14. kimtyson macrumors member

The only thing good about this thread!

The best!

15. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Add to this that almost always, person P accuses person G of being a fanboy, being an Apple shill, or otherwise being motivated to lie, since person P is resolute in their conviction that every iPhone 4 user must have this issue.

Because misery loves company, and the Ps of the world will not rest until even the Gs are miserable.

16. Cuthbert macrumors regular

Hey, I think this guy's right. :D

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

haha This thread is making me feel like a winner. And now back to real life.

:(

:D

18. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Is everyone having this problem? Just by looking at the sales numbers and the random line of 50+ people waiting outside of Apple stores here in Canada in the middle of the day just waiting for stock I would say no and so far most people don't care.

19. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Yes.

20. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

21. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

And it continues . . .

22. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

I felt it was a very deep conversation.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

it continues because people that don't want to discuss it or that have wisea#$% remarks post in the thread.

If you truly want a thread to die

a) report it if it breaks forum rules
    b) ignore it and it will fall off the front and subsequent pages.

People that continue to post in this thread keep it at the top and on the front page is antagonizing. So why do it? And not just this thread. Any thread of little to no value. Why keep bumping it.

THAT defies all logic.

24. jarvijarv macrumors regular

+1, haha. Seriously, I never pay attention to the bars on my iPhone 4. I've already made numerous calls in different places, not one dropped call. :D

25. Schweitzer macrumors regular

It continues because weird people continue to claim that "there is no problem".