iPhone 4: Apple pays price for its own secrecy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OJcamden, Jun 26, 2010.

1. OJcamden macrumors newbie

I've been a follower of macrumors for a number of years now and got my iPhone 3GS on launch day. Since it was announced I've intended to get a new iPhone 4 but due to demand and wariness I decided to wait until after launch to get one. Currently I'm concerned about some of the issues that early adopters have noticed and this has got me thinking...

My thinking regarding the issue is how could a company like Apple have overlooked what seems to be such a trivial issue in how the antennas may short each other. After all they would have done extensive real world testing, which then lead to Gizmodo uncovering a pre-release iPhone 4. So why did none of the testers notice this whenever they used the prototype themselves...well as revealed by Gizmodo then iPhone 4 was housed in a dummy case to make it look like a 3GS. This would have acted just like the iPhone 4 bumper and prevented the user's hand from interfering with antennae reception. Despite Apple conducting apparent real world testing their attempt to keep the new design a secret then led to the testing not being representative of real life use of the new iPhone. Therefore, has Apple shot itself in the foot? Not only was the secret design uncovered but the failed attempt to maintain secrecy led to a design flaw not being noticed.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Lol

Please people can we just wait one week before making conspiracy theories....oh excuse me I have a phone call.

(Grips bottom half of phone tightly)

Hello? Oh hey !

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

wow. unnecessary.

5. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

6. OJcamden thread starter macrumors newbie

sour grapes

Guess grapes would be better off being know as sour grapes? Suppose its partly my own fault for not reading the other threads! That said maybe I did and forgot about it until my subconscious made me think the thought as my own....

7. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

No, but here they come:

[​IMG]

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I didn't mean it in a condescending manner. I'm simply stating a fact. This theory came up before and has been discussed.

I'm also not trying to be the police. There is some good information in those threads. If the OP is really interested in this topic then he/she would be interested in the information already posted.

People need to learn that tone cannot be inferred in a forum with written text.

And I disagree. People post without searching all the time. There are only a few reasons: They think the thought was original or they were the first to have a particular problem, or they are just lazy. I was giving the OP credit thinking they were not lazy.