Iphone 4 apple store warranty question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CZK, Dec 5, 2010.

1. CZK macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I bought my iphone 4 (32 gb) on TEH INTERNETZ and i dont have any receipt.

My iphone is shown on their website to be under warranty until december first 2011.

If i have to go to my local apple store ( opened 2 weeks ago yay!!) to get it replaced or something, will they ask for the receipt or my serial number on their website with information is enough ?

Thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

They shouldn't ask you for a receipt. I have never been asked when taking any Apple products to the store.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I need some more info to answer your question. You said, you bought it from internet, but you don't have receipt. Did you buy from ebay or something?

Normally, apple doesn't ask for receipt at all. If it says under warranty, then it is what it is.

Most likely, you won't have any issues.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

as stated above I exchanged a 3GS and a I4 never showed a recipt. However going to the Store and talking to a Genius is the best way to know for sure, after all your store has only been open for 2 weeks. So they might think Different. :apple: :rolleyes:

5. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

You don't need a receipt for an Apple product unless there is some ambiguity as to whether it is in warranty. In this case there is not for a couple of reasons; first, the product was only released six months ago. Second, Apple have a date for the warranty to end on record that is accurate. It's fine to go without a receipt. :)

6. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ebay and paid with paypal

e/ thanks for answers

Also, if my phone is locked to telus, will they give me an unlocked one or another locked iphone. My friend got his fido changed for a factory unlocked. And do they give refurbs or brand new phone. Are refurbs coming in the same sealed box as brand new ones ?

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Still all the iphone 4s are less than 6 months old products. Therefore, you can argue that iphone 4s are not even out for a year and apple covers just about everything they sell with 1 year warranty.