iPhone 4 Application/Folder Organization Idea (Pic)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Jun 26, 2010.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I got this idea from another MacRumors member and have posted the example below. I am looking for different methods to organize application folders on the homescreen so that they stand out from the regular apps.

I am not a Photoshop pro, so was hoping someone can make my idea come to life. In this same attached file, I wanted to make the last row of apps and the docked apps background darkened too, just like the right side is vertically darkened to include app folders in it. Currently, only 4 folders would fit in that horizontally darkened area.

By horizontally darkening the entire bottom last row and docked apps, the darkened area will now include 7 folders and the docked apps themselves. Can someone make this for me and post here? Also, does anyone have any folder arrangement ideas of their own that they would like to share?

Attached Files:

2. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. hchavarria macrumors 6502

If someone doesn't post it before I'll work on it when I get home. I also liked this idea for folder management. The problem is that if you have multiple pages and not enough folders then your apps in other pages will be in the area designated for folders.

5. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much. I don't have the Photoshop program and am not very computer savvy or I would do it. I had been using this one on my home page and 4 folders, but realized I need 7. So I was going to have 3 rows of 3 apps with the last row in each being a folder, then the 4th row being all folders, with the dock apps on the bottom. This way all my needs would be accessible on just the first page.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

did this quickly.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      108.2 KB
      Views:
  7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanx AC Fusion, that's exactly what I wanted except a slight centering problem. Can you make the horizontal dark line between the 3rd and 4th row be dead center between the apps like it is vertically between the apps? The horizontal line is a bit closer to the 4th row than it is in the center.. but otherwise that is exactly what I was looking for. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

here you go.

post a screenshot of how you did your homescreen

Attached Files:

9. jtara macrumors 65816

I don't get it. There's a darkened, semi-transparent L-shaped area on the screen.

And?

10. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

did you read the first post? all of it?

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

12. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I like your thinking, OP. I might have to try something like this! (If I do, I'll post it.)

13. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I would like a cover sheet over each folder. i.e. games with background pic. Click on it and it opens. Don't want to see those 9 icons.

14. pika2000 macrumors 68030

15. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i did the start thing earlier today, but then got rid of it. it's not windows lol :p

16. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

As requested, I have attached how my homescreen looks. Thanks so much for your assistance. Everyone else is free to post their own ideas here as well to distinguish folders as I did. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

17. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

18. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

sorry OP, i didn't know you had the iPhone 4. if you could somehow find me the higher resolution picture of that wallpaper, i'll redo it so it's not all blurry.

19. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Good idea, OP. I'm using the second wallpaper, now.

20. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi again. The only original I had was the one I posted up on the beginning of this thread, I found it on another thread earlier in the week and downloaded it from there. This was the only file size that was provided at that time. I liked the idea but thought 4 folders was too little, so I went with 7 with your help. If you can find something similar to this or make something like this with other background themes, I would love to share them here.

21. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm glad you liked it. It really makes things easier with access to all your apps on just 1 page.

22. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

very cool.

I've put my multi folders on the second page (limiting myself to two pages) but this idea is more elegant :)

23. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanx for adding to this thread. Anyone have any other suggestions or home screens with elegant folder options?

24. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Could someone make the shading go around the outside edge of the background, leaving the middle four for non-folder apps?