iPhone 4 Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by halisray, Aug 15, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

Enough about all this hate for the iphone - post here to list things which make you love your iphone.

What do you love about your phone?

minus the whole retina display and stuff - that is a given :p

2. hismikeness macrumors regular

I finally did a FaceTime call, and that was pretty sweet. I don't know many people with IP4's though, so those will be few and far between for me.

I am getting pretty good battery life.

And the screen, even though you said not to mention, is epic.

3. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

I love how snappy the iphone 4 is...lots of memory and a nice CPU..

love the shape and the feel of it when its in your hand...its a sexy device.

love the new volume buttons and silent switch compared to the 3g/3gs.

L O V E finally having a flash on the camera...even if its somewhat....buggy.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

upgraded from the 3G (and owned the 2G), so pretty much everything is great.

Display
    Front and back camera
    speed
    capacity bump
    design
    feel
    did I mention the display?

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

The camera quality is amazing. Plus the retina display just destroys anything else out there.

My gf and I both have i4s, so we use FaceTime daily. Love this phone!

6. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I love my iPhone 4! Super snappy, great camera, great battery life (after my initial concerns went away). What's not to like?! I'm coming from the iPhone 3G, do I'm already taking the great UI and features for granted. ;)

7. chanerz macrumors 6502a

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

+1

can't fault it at all.:apple:

9. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I love my iPhone 4. I can't say enough good things about it. I love the features of iOS 4 from multitasking to spellchecker. The screen is incredibly detailed and crisp. The camera exceeds my expectations for a phone. I haven't tried the video yet but from what I have seen posted on the net I doubt it will disappoint. I haven't tried FaceTime yet but hopefully someone I know will get an iPhone 4 soon.

10. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

What antenna issue? I get just as good as I did with my 3GS. It's fast, takes good pics for a phone and loving the HD video.

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

The Camera of course, and how fast and responsive it is. I like its looks even in its Otterbox Defender case.

Although its not actually part of the phone it is part of the OS, I like the ability to do folders.

I also like the way it pulls in signals even when they are weak. It does a lot better at getting on line at work than my 3Gs did and it was pretty good.

12. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

The look (wow, it makes my 3GS looks like a thing from the past), the screen, HD cam, speed, the screen... everything :) and the screen!!

13. MacJones macrumors 6502

I love that both sides of the phone are flat. I love the metal band that wraps around the phone. I love the way the phone feels in my hand. The retina display is beyond amazing and the camera is superb. But most of all I love how the software just works.

14. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I love the shape of the iP4, the 5MP camera with flash, the faster data speed, as well as the reception. One other thing that I love is the increased battery life, as I am now getting a sold 10 hours of use in a 24 hour period.......

15. calb macrumors 6502

The glass front and back.

With freshly-cleaned hands on a clean phone, the smooth feeling is almost unbeatable.

16. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Has anyone been shocked at how fast the GPS can hone in on your location with the iPhone 4? Even when I'm indoors it makes an accurate assessment within seconds.

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Love the "premium" materials. Steel band, glass panels.

18. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I love that no :eek::cool::apple: matter what hate is spewed in the direction of the iPhone; haters wish they had one. Lord knows I enjoy mine.

19. andrewr2123 macrumors member

-Cameras - AMAZING 5.0 MP on the back and awesome feature to have a front facing camera
    -How easy the voice mail is to use
    -How cool the messaging looks
    -Can hold unlimited texts (75,000 or something like that...)
    -Speed
    -Retina display
    -Awesome apps

Everything is great!

20. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Love everything. Beats all my old phones x2794926100975. This one might actually stay with me for the full 2 years :)

21. BoltOns23 macrumors newbie

BoltOns23

22. paconyc macrumors newbie

I upgraded from 3G - so I love:

• The camera is amazing - and there are 2 of them!
    • Having the LED as a flash or added light for videos
    • The ability to shoot video - and its HD!
    • The design - thin, sleek and nicely weighted in the hand - feels comfortable - I found the 2G and 3G felt a little wide and uncomfortable on those long calls like conference calls w/the office from the beach :eek:
    • Multi-tasking
    • No dropped calls or reception issues - when it was nude and definitely not now that its in a case which was always my intention. in fact, I find the reception is better than I had on my 3G which I loved.
    • Glass front and back - looks and feels luxurious.
    • Good battery life.
    • Apple logo on the back - A number of cases are now incorporating designs that allow the Apple logo to shine through!
    • The new volume, silence and sleep buttons.
    • And I know we aren't suppose to mention it...but I have to - the Retina display looks awesome and is saving my eyes!

23. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

It's just great to finally own the perfect phone for me. I went from the Samsung Instinct to the Palm Pre and finally to iPhone4. It's just the best phone out there for my needs.

Oh yeah..and the camera...I can just sell my point and shoot now..no need for it.

24. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

I know you said the retina display was a given but this screen is amazing. I do all my surfing from my phone now because I love looking at the screen. I love the feel of the phone and the new design. I love the os. I usually have my phone in my hand a good part of the day. And I sleep with it right next to me.

25. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Add Facetime to my list...
    Just did my first Facetime call.. WOW!!