Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dollystereo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
France
Hello, I want to know if it is possible to use my iphone 4 (ios 4.3.3) as an external WIFI modem (via bluetooth or USB) with my new 15" MBP running Lion 10.7.1
Why? Because this machines have a faulty WIFI card that makes impossible to play any online game without lag issues, and have no wire connection where I am.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Hello, I want to know if it is possible to use my iphone 4 (ios 4.3.3) as an external WIFI modem (via bluetooth or USB) with my new 15" MBP running Lion 10.7.1
Why? Because this machines have a faulty WIFI card that makes impossible to play any online game without lag issues, and have no wire connection where I am.

It is possible, but if you have a faulty WiFi card, why don't you return it to Apple for an exchange if it's still under warranty?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

If it's a new MBP, just get it replaced under warranty, or am I missing something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.