iphone 4 assembled - Black Screen *(Help)!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kevinpong, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kevinpong macrumors newbie

I have disassembled my iphone 4. and I put them back together correctly(I think). Now my iphone 4 sreen shows nothing but a black screen with dark light in the background. it seems there is power on, but there is nothing shows on the screen, shut off, sleep mode, volume button all seems working. What is happened? Could any body help me ? I'll appreciate it. :confused::(

2. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Well you didn't mention why you took it apart and how far apart you took it.

Did you remove the front plate from the housing? If you did, there is a good chance you pinched the ribbon cable when you put it back in place.

When you slide those cabled through the front housing they want to get pinched. You can tell because they will look like this.
    [​IMG]

If installed correctly they will look like this:

[​IMG]

Notice how the two cables line up with one another in the second image? If you pinched them, they are very difficult to snap to the connection onto the logic board. If not seated right it may be why you have a black screen. You may have also damaged the cable, in which case you need a new front.

Take it all apart again. I'm confident thats the issue.

3. kevinpong thread starter macrumors newbie

what should i do ? I think i did make the cable like your first pic. And how can i find out if i had damaged the cable or not? How could i fix it? Thx;)

4. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

The only thing to do is tear it all down again. Put the ribbon back in place correctly, reassemble and cross your fingers.