iPhone 4: AT&T or Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JonBook Pro, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JonBook Pro macrumors member

Now that the white one has been declared missing in action, I'm planning on getting two black iPhone 4s. Question is, which retailer is quicker? ATT.com or Apple.com?

Can anyone post their experiences?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

The general consensus seems to be that AT&T is quicker than Apple. And also, the 32GB ships quicker than the 16GB model.

3. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

AT&T sometimes has them in stock for walkups, depends on your area. Why do you still want one?

I would have thought all the bad press would have killed the desire. Mind you, I love my iPhone4 :)

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

So glad this is here! I was considering this as well. Definitely going with AT&T now. :)

5. ViPhone macrumors 6502

ATT. I didn't because I try not to think about the fact that I actually still have ATT. I waited the 3 weeks for mine, and picked it up promptly at the Apple Store.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I just called my local AT&T. They said they were getting their orders in about 3-4 days. That's awesome! :D

7. maryannee macrumors regular

I just ordered the 32G iphone 4 from Apple online about 1/2 hour ago. Can I cancel this if I find out in the morning that I can get it much quicker through AT&T? It does not say on AT&T's website when the iPhone 4 will ship.

Thanks.

8. JonBook Pro thread starter macrumors member

Because I already have two bumpers and an Invisible Shield waiting for it.

Plus, I've been on my first generation iPhone for the past three years.

9. ViPhone macrumors 6502

You definitely can.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Frankly, for $100 I'm not sure why anyone would want the 16gb. Even if you don't have much music, it's nice to have the room for the huge 720p video files. :)

11. adamt56 macrumors newbie

Yah, my local AT&T said some people were getting their phones in as little as 2 days.

Of course, it ended up taking 13 days including weekends. Perhaps less time now that the rush is over (well, maybe not considering all the people that were holding out for the white model).

12. SCOfoshO macrumors member

One of my att stores said all of southern california (specifically San diego) will not have any black 32 GB phones until the middle of August. He said there is a delay because of the antenna issues. This can't be true can it? Are people still getting 32GB?

I already put myself on the priority list at the Apple store, but figured I would try my luck with some att stores as well.

13. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I doubt this is true. I just ordered a 32GB iP4 this afternoon from AT&T, and I was told, it will arrive in the store in 7 to 10 days.

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Can anyone here who's ordered a 32GB from AT&T drop in and let me know how long it took for them to ship it out? It'd be great if it was a week or so, as that's when I'll need one by.

15. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

You should get it in a week. A girl that I work with ordered hers from AT&T last week, and got it within 7 days as promised in the store. That's why I ordered mine through AT&T today.

16. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Awesome, thanks for the good news.

17. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

Ordered mine from AT&T and was told 7 to 10 days as well. This was last Saturday. So excluding Sunday, today makes it day 5? Man, if I'm lucky I'll have it by next week I hope...

18. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

How about Bestbuy guys ? I went to AT&T and Apple today but couldn't find any iPhone 4. Instead, I found one at Bestbuy but foe some reason I thought that I shouldn't buy it there. They also told me that they don't charge a restocking fee in case I want to return it.

19. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

My brother purchased his iPhone 3GS through BestBuy, and had no problem at all with them. And no, BestBuy does not charge the restocking fee in case you wanted to return it for some reason.

20. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Thanks