iPhone 4 At&t Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 601x106, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 601x106 macrumors member

So ive been on sprint and i wanted to get an iPhone. I have a question about the plans if anyone knows. My family is staying on sprint and I'm adding onto my aunt's phone line. Do i have to start a brand new line? Or can i just add a line for 10$ and add 2GB internet w/ unlimited text? Thanks in advance

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

If you are adding on to your Aunt's family plan, then yes, it will be $9.99 to get added to her bucket of minutes, plus your data plan ($15 or $25), plus your text plan (unless they already pay for unlimited texts.) If they belong to one of the qualifying plans, you will be able to add, I think 10 'favorite' numbers (such as your family, still on Sprint) that don't draw from your regular minutes. Actually, I'm not sure if you get to add 10 yourself, or if that is for everyone on the family plan total. Worth looking in to though.

Edit: This is all assuming your Aunt already is on a family plan. If not, you will have to choose with her which plan you will share. Plans start at $59.99 for 550 shared minutes. This is $20/month more expensive than the cheapest $39.99 individual plan for 450 minutes.

3. nelly41 macrumors regular

Since you are only adding onto your aunt's plan, you should only be charged the $10 a month plus whatever data plan you want.

4. 601x106 thread starter macrumors member

Sweet that will save me a lot of money. Initally i was planning to start a new line 49.99+25 internet+20 unlim text which was like 95 a month.

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Like the guy above said, it depends on if your aunt is one an individual plan or already has a family plan. If family then just 9.99+25, if individual then you gotta change the plan too, still would be cheaper then you opening up a new line by yourself. Either way make sure you get family unlimited texting for 30, it's just the better deal.