iPhone 4 AT&T Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Aug 14, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm new to AT&T and this is my first iPhone. So, I went to my local AT&T store to order my service and 2 iPhone 4s. They said that the wait time is approx 10-14 business days. But they already charged me for both of the phones. From your experience with shipping, does it really take that long?

2. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

No, for me it took 7 days and 2 days to get to me :D

3. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like 7 days for them to charge you for the phones and then 2 days to get to you?

4. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Like 7 days for the phones to through the order/backorder process and 2 days to arrive at my door. They charged me I think in store. Wasnt really sure never bothered to check.

5. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohhh okay. I ordered it to the store because they gave me 2 temporary numbers that aren't really in use, so I would have to transfer my numbers over in the store to activate the phones. So it made more sense because I wouldn't really be able to activate it at home.

6. halisray macrumors regular

they charged you already? hmm is that odd?

When I ordered my ip4 from Bell (Canada) they said 14 days to ship, they shipped it in 10 and then 3 days for me.. they only charged me once they shipped.

then again I ordered mine online

7. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Well, I guess they wanna make sure you can pay before the allocate an iPhone for you :p

I got mine from the apple store, just walked in and bought it. They've been getting stocks in every day, and running out before noon

8. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Did they charge you, or put the hold on your card? In my experience I had the hold placed on my card at the time of purchase. The day before it shipped the hold was removed, and then the day the phone arrived the card was charged.

I think it's actually against policy if the hold actually cleared and got charged before the phone was shipped.

9. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

I ordered 2 16GBs from AT&T Last night around 6ish. I was expecting the 7 to 14 business days they were quoting, but they shipped this morning, and will be here on Monday.

10. First tee macrumors newbie

I ordered a 32GB Wednesday night and it shipped Friday. Should be here on Monday!

11. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

They put it on hold for like one day, and then the next day they actually charged me for it, that's why I'm asking

12. calvy macrumors 65816

In my experience that's the way it works. And my mom ordered a 16GB iPhone 4 and it took her exactly a week to get it.

13. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The size matters. 32GB seem to ship much faster. A few days for 32, a week for 16. Give or take of course.

14. historicus macrumors newbie

I ordered a 16gb on Thursday night, it shipped this afternoon, delivery estimate is Monday. So 3 business days(counting Saturday).

15. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

They sent me a email, and according to FedEx shipping, it should be here tomorrow :)