iPhone 4 at the gym?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i.phone4, Jun 19, 2010.

1. i.phone4 macrumors member

2. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

hahah you meathead! It's not even out yet and you're talking about exercising with it!
    hahah I kid I kid!

3. i.phone4 thread starter macrumors member

well hey, I want this to replace my iPod.

4. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Is this your first iPhone, man? I know I haven't owned an iPod since my first iPhone. It is your iPod, it is your phone, it is your personal assistant! I love it!

5. i.phone4 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it will be my first. I'm going all out on protecting it; screen protector, bumper, iPod sock when not using it. Hah, overkill.

6. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I was that way with my first, all obsessive about fingerprints and such, I had a screen protector and a thick case... but then one day I just ripped it all off and I love it. The phone is well-made. In my opinion, it is best to go "naked"

7. i.phone4 thread starter macrumors member

Part of me is only wanting to get some sort of gym-case, and then the ipod sock.

8. gostan macrumors regular

Please remember to shut the ringer off at the gym. You r there to work, not to talk...talk....talk....;)

9. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I'm excited to bring it to the gym to use pandora I do get tired of my music collection

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You better hope no one calls you and you need to answer quickly as it might take a few minutes to get it out!

Just kidding. Just do not go so far that you ruin the experience of owning a new iPhone and being able to use it:apple:

11. Wateroksnmud macrumors regular

incase sport armband for the touch. It fits the phone more snug and especially since the iphone 4 is slimmer.

ifitnees and the mens health apps are great.

12. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I'd like to find an armband that will work with a bumper and zagg on the back/front. Hate to have to remove the bumper each time to slide it into the armband.

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I thought the iPhone would replace the need for an iPod. It hasn't. I have over 40 gigs of music in my library so no Iphone will hold it all, and I dont want the phone filled with tunes.

My iPod's music gets rotated for whatever trip I am taking. Being able to plug into the center counsel in the Mazda 3 is awesome. No visible cords.

Blonde Buddhist

14. Hovey macrumors regular

I've been using mine to run/workout for about a year and a half now. I prefer an armband that does not detach from the armband. It feels much more secure on your arm and doesn't flop around as much. If you use headphones (which I assume you would be at the gym), you don't have to silence your phone cause it will only ring in your earbuds. Your music will fade out, when you hang up or reject the call, your music will pick back up where it left off.

I've used the XtremeMac and Belkin pro fit.