iPhone 4: Auto-dim and Proximity Sensor Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by St3mpy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. St3mpy macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with the proximity sensor. If I have the phone up to my cheek, screen stays on and buttons are pressed. This makes the phone useless. Basically I have an iPod Touch with instant messaging right now.

Also, anyone having problems with the auto-dim feature? With auto-brightness on, the phone is always maximum brightness. It never dims in lowlight. Even if I completely cover the sensor, the brightness doesn't change. My old Blackberry was very nice with this feature. In dark the screen was dim so you don't loose night vision, and bright when the sun is out.

This is my first iPhone, and so far I'm not impressed. Yeah it's cool that it can find the price of an item and show me where I am on a map, but if you market a phone, you need to be damn sure you get the "phone" part right before you move on to fancy features. If these things aren't/can't be fixed, then I'll just take it back and get an Android phone.

2. Greyhood macrumors newbie

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Apple knows about this problem. it is under warranty. just take it back and they will either fix it or replace it. the sensor is the problem for both of your issues. the android has issues as well so either way nothing is perfect.