iPhone 4 availability at release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndallas999, Mar 3, 2011.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

For those of you who purchased the iPhone 4 at release date last summer, how soon after the release date was the iPhone relatively easily had? A month, 2 months?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I think it was around 2 months that all the furor about shortages died down. I want to say around September that you could walk in and get one almost anywhere.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I bought my iPhone 4 about 2 months after it was released (I foolishly waited for the White iPhone) and even then after deciding that I wanted it I still had to wait about two weeks because the demand was still very high and the supply was low. New stock would arrive without notice throughout the day every couple of days, and about an hour or 2 after they would already be sold out.

One Saturday morning I called and was told that they had just received a new shipment like 15 minutes before, so I rushed down and I had to wait in a small line for about 45 minutes.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Shouldn't you be asking people that picked up a 4 after launch? I stopped paying attention to availability after I got mine day zero.

5. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Back in January all the carrier stores in the mall still had none available. That's 8 months after the release. Did Apple forget to ship more to Canada after the initial batch? I hope the same doesn't go for this year. iPhone 4 has been the hardest to get iteration of iPhone so far here.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

i agree,