iPhone 4 availability - London

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VladM, Jul 26, 2010.

1. VladM macrumors regular

Is it possible to pick up an iP4, this week, in one of the London Apple Stores, without reserving one?

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

From what I hear your chances are pretty slim. You could try calling them up though.

3. digestor macrumors newbie

close to impossible

I've been on a waiting list for over 2 weeks now.

4. VladM thread starter macrumors regular

5. ARSC macrumors 6502

6. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

There is no way you will get one. There are no stocks anywhere in any London Apple stores.

Quite frankly I don't know how they plan to launch in so many new countries on the 30th of July when they can't even fulfill orders from the US and UK. They should clear both these countries to the point that you can just walk in and buy a phone, and then only launch elsewhere. They should have made it August 30th or later for the countries launching on the 30th.

I hope the UK gets a big spike in stock soon like the US had this past weekend.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Bestbuy Thurrock lakeside has stock. C2c train out of fenchurch street to chafford hundred then walk through retail park.

8. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Quite a long walk that is.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's less than 10 minutes.

10. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

From Chafford Hundred to Best Buy, i'd say 25 mins.

11. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

It doesn't matter because I just called Best Buy at Lakeside and they told me they don't sell the phone officially unlocked by itself. They only do O2, Vodafone and Orange contracts.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is no shortage of iPhones in London, if you are happy to pick up a contract. Both my cousins (one on O2 and one on Orange) were able to just walk into 2 different stores, renew their contracts and walk out the door with their new iPhones. It's the official SIM unlocked phones that nobody can get.

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Walking backwards maybe.

As for the unlocked thing I know a couple of people that purchased them simfree so maybe it's a rule that can be bent :s

13. calb macrumors 6502

It's not. Only Apple are selling them SIM-free at the moment. I wasn't aware that the networks were even selling them as PAYG yet.

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Sorry to keep on but i'd really like to see you walk from Chafford Hundred Station to Best Buy is less then 10 minutes.

Anyone who's never been Lakeside can tell by looking at the map below (zoom in) that it'll take more then that, i'd be willing to time you if you want ;)

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/page/custom.aspx?PageName=Store Locator

15. pon-check macrumors newbie

I would like refresh topic.

Has anything changed with the availability Iphone4 in London ?
    I'll go to the end of October and i would like buy a one and i thinking about buy by online shop i shipp to my frieands...

any idea ?