Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
The media has everyone convinced that an iPhone for Verizon is coming early next year. I think a lot of people will hold off on buying, and this quarter's domestic sales of the iPhone may disappoint investors.

You keep on thinking that buddy. The iPhone is going to sell like crazy these next two months. The general public is mostly unaware that a Verizon iPhone is coming in January.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Eh, just go to your local Apple store and get it within minutes. Sheesh, Apple stores have been fully stocked for some time now.

Many, many places still don't have a local apple store. We just finally got ours in Spokane, and the 'next closest one' was over 5 hours away. Well, or 1.5 hours by plane.

DevilInDisguise

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
iPhone 4 hasnt even launched in India yet!! God knows when they're gonna launch it here.. this is getting really ridiculous!!

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
iPhone 4 hasnt even launched in India yet!! God knows when they're gonna launch it here.. this is getting really ridiculous!!

Last I checked, there isn't so much demand for smart phones in India, in part due to the lower standard of living. If it isn't released there yet, it might never be.

babbit

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
Eh, just go to your local Apple store and get it within minutes. Sheesh, Apple stores have been fully stocked for some time now.

Umm...where? Because my Apple store only get enough to sell for the people that line up early each morning. I can't/refuse to camp and line up for something that's been out for this long already.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
...or demand is shrinking.

After the blow-out quarter in which over 14 million iPhones were sold I have to question the logic of such a statement. It sounds like the sour grapes of an Apple hater, of which there are many lurking on this site.

4nNtt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Availability has never been that bad. Surprised it took this long to catch up. I bought my iPhone 4 during pre-order. It came only two weeks after they started shipping. That was for an business account. Consumer orders get priority. That isn't too bad for a new product.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Between this post on iPhone availability and the one on a new iPad ad I am having a hard time telling macrumors content from an Apple PR release. I love this site but I could do with a little less fluff. Maybe I am just grumpy.

I really don't understand this type of complaint.

Is some rumor not being covered because those were posted?
No.
Do you have to read articles posted that don't interest you?
No.
Are you paying money for access to Macrumors?
No.
Can you start your own Mac rumor blog and post only the things you like?
Yes.

Personally I'm interested in just about any Apple news,and I have the unique ability to scroll right past things I don't care about.
Try it!It works great!

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
There are still alot of us here in the states that don't live anywhere near an Apple store. I am tempted to upgrade, but it just isn't in the finances right now.

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
Well I just placed an order last night online for a 32 gig iphone 4 and it said "Prepared for shipment" a couple hours later!

GodWhomIsMike

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
I am totally on the fence with the iPhone 4. I been quite miserable with my 3G, and can't get myself to get all that excited with the iPhone 4.

GodWhomIsMike

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
I'd rather just buy a 3GS outright and wait for iphone 5. My 3G is sucking hard.

The iPhone 3G is driving me up a wall with its piss poor performance. I hate typing, and waiting for the text to catch up to my typing. Takes a week and a day to render a simple webpage, or to load the weather... ugh!!!

tomiiino

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2010
24 hours? why not 6 weeks?

Nice US have 24 hours shipping ... Vodafone Australia has 6 weeks for both versions!!

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
After the blow-out quarter in which over 14 million iPhones were sold I have to question the logic of such a statement. It sounds like the sour grapes of an Apple hater, of which there are many lurking on this site.
LOL...hate apple, and I am so invested in them too. Right.

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
I ordered an iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago, and according to my Norwegian operator from whom I ordered it, I might have to wait up to 2 more weeks. They are currently processing the orders from 1 month ago. The reason for this is of course that Apple doesn't provide them with sufficient phones to meet the demand. Reading that the iPhones are available within 24 hs in the U.S really P15535 me off. It will be f@¢k!n6 outdated by the time I get it.

Tivoli

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2007
Do you really want an iPhone ???

Do you really want an iPhone ???
Maybe first read this article.
http://www.theage.com.au/digital-li...-poisoned-by-chemical-abc-20101026-1720b.html

Apple will have to do better before I buy another product from them.
Or maybe they should change that healthy Apple logo into something like this:

toxic.jpg

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
What about Pink?

what about a white one?
ships: within 10 months

I'm really surprised that Apple hasn't released a Pink version of the iPhone. The iPhone is the most women-friendly smartphone ever...they should really market to them more heavily. Remember when the Motorola Razor came out in pink? Tons of people had them...they were like a fashion statement. A pink iPhone would be the same thing. I think they're missing an opportunity...

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
iPhone 3G performance Sux

The iPhone 3G is driving me up a wall with its piss poor performance. I hate typing, and waiting for the text to catch up to my typing. Takes a week and a day to render a simple webpage, or to load the weather... ugh!!!

I agree with this...I don't know what they did to the iPhone 3G but it runs like a dog now. They really need a software update to bring it back to the speed it used to run at when it first came out. I think it's definitely slower and less stable now. :(

GodWhomIsMike

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
I agree with this...I don't know what they did to the iPhone 3G but it runs like a dog now. They really need a software update to bring it back to the speed it used to run at when it first came out. I think it's definitely slower and less stable now. :(

Do you have iOS 4.1? If you are on 4.0, it is tragically slow, but since my finances were so tight, I was forced to suck it up and deal with it. iOS 4.1 improved things to move the phone along and preform basic duties without crashing. But, for a phone, it is frustrating to wait 15 seconds when you are in a rush for your phone contacts list to load, so you can make a call. Also, the iPod feature, does it really need to take 30 frigging seconds to load?

I am an Apple computer user for the last 4+ years, and been generally happy by the experience. I must admit, their hardware is usually expensive and much slower than their competitors. But, the OS experience that their computer systems offer is top notch. As for iOS, I am NOT impressed, and been keeping a very close eye on WebOS 2.0. WebOS 2.0 is what the iPhone OS should be like.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well this is good news. it took a good while, but it's finally come to shipping in 24 hours. so i assume most places that sell the iphone have stock on hand then. great for consumers during the holiday period

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
This is BS!! I placed an order for a iphone 4 Monday 11/1 it said "prepared for shipment" the next day until now it hasn't changed to shipped! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.