iPhone 4 availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Philalbe, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Philalbe macrumors 6502

Hi. I'm thinking of selling my 3GS in order to upgrade to iPhone 4. The only hitch is, I don't want to get stuck without a phone in-between. Does anyone know if there is a decent supply of devices for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores? I tried calling my local one tonight, but got left on hold. They were probably swamped due to iphone mania. Thanks in advance.

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

Mine didn't have any as of yesterday =/. This is the Partridge Creek one in Michigan

3. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

I called my local Apple store (Holyoke MA) today and was told that they got a supply of 200 iPhones in the morning. Within a few hours, they had all been taken by people on their reserve list. So I put my name on the reserve list and was told that I could expect to get my iPhone within a month. It's like there's iPhone 4 hysteria.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

If you want an iPhone 4 any time soon you'll want to get on a list.

5. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Your best bet would probably be an ATT store. Could try that. Call in the morning

6. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow! It's worse than I thought. Maybe I should hang on to my 3GS for awhile? I don't know what's wrong with me? My 3GS is the same impressive device it was before I knew about the latest model. I guess iPhone 4 mania has got me too:) thanks for all the quick replies and advice about getting on a reserve list. That sounds like my best bet.

7. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I'd get on a reserve list, but check the AT&T and Best Buy stores, too.

8. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Good advice. Thanks:)

9. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

most if not all AT&T are cleaned out.

10. DetTigers macrumors regular

Check Wal-Mart. People stood in huge lines at the Apple and At&t stores in Novi, MI and I walked into Wal-Mart and came out in 20 mins with a new iPhone...pretty sweet. Most people just keep checking the Apple store which in my opinion is the worst place to go because EVERYONE is going there.

11. Branskins macrumors 65816

Why is Apple doing a reserve list? I understand doing pre-orders before the phone comes out, but why continue what is essentially a pre-order for a product that is already out? I say it should become free-for all after it comes out! What about the people that go on the list just in case they want one but never have any intentions of picking it up? Seems like this could create a fiasco, especially when so many people are trying to walk in and get one.

12. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

That's actually a really good idea too. The fact that people tend to look down there nose at Walmart could play into the hands of people hunting for an iphone 4.

13. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed.