Iphone 4 available at apple store in Toronto?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shashwat, Sep 12, 2010.

1. shashwat macrumors member

Hi
    M from India-a place where apple has still not started selling iphone 4....I tried to get one from The UK apple store but they were all sold out..so now i got hold of somebdy who is in Toronto and would come back home on the 20th of this month..
    Can somebody plzzz temme whether any iphone 4 is available for sale in Toronto or not..
    I also read that "Wireless Wave, Future Shop, Best Buy" are all selling iphone 4..can anybody plzz help me with it..would really appreciate it..

Thnx for reading!

2. King Luis macrumors 6502

apple stores in toronto are still selling out everyday. you'll need to line up for it right in the morning.

wireless wave, best buy, etc get shipments every now and then. so their shipments are random.

3. Ktdhc macrumors member

Don't waste your time checking and calling wireless stores everyday. They get shipments randomly and you would basically have to be there at that exact time to be able to get a unit, which is a waste of time and would require a lot of luck.

Best way to get it is to line up at the Yorkdale or Eatons Apple Store at 5AM. (line ups are always right in front of the Apple Store doors, not mall doors). It's only 4 hours waiting which isn't too bad.

4. Bisz macrumors regular

People are still lining up for the iP4? Wow, I though that they had managed to get enough stock by now. I guess being able to pick one up at the end of July by randomly asking a guy at a BestBuy in Lafayette, Indiana was a lucky fluke.

5. immemorial macrumors member

Hahah, what? How is lining up at 5am and waiting 4 hours not too bad? That's downright atrocious. I find the whole idea of waking up early and waiting hours and hours in line, just so I can give my money to a store, to be offensive as a consumer.

That being said, I still want an iP4. Are these lines ever going to let up?

6. slicecom macrumors 68020

Of course they will, but who knows when? Many people from around the world come to Canada, buy unlocked iPhone 4's and resell them elsewhere. Until that becomes unprofitable for them, you'll have to line up or hope to get lucky.

Just for reference, I have 3 co-workers in Toronto who have been trying to get iPhones since launch day but refuse to line up for them. All 3 are still looking.

Line up, or make other plans, such as buying them at inflated prices from those who line up and resell them elsewhere.

7. shashwat thread starter macrumors member

Thnx for all ur replies..
    So it seems that m gonna hve to go without an iphone 4 because the person in toronto is a frnd's frnd's relative nd
    i cnt ask her to line up.. :( :(
    m so screwed... :(

btw which best buy shud b my best try,in case i ask her to go to a best buy?

8. g35 macrumors 6502a

If you get it from best buy, it will be locked to Rogers, Bell or Telus (or Virgin or Fido). Only way to get it unlocked is from the Apple store.