Iphone 4 available for sale in UK applestore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shashwat, Sep 7, 2010.

1. shashwat macrumors member

Hi..
    M from India-place where apple is yet to launch an iphone 4..!My brother studies at the Manchester University and is due to be back home by next sunday..I was hoping to ask him to get an iphone 4 for me-The no contract 16Gb model which is selling for £499..But he says that he has spoken at the apple store in Manchester and they say itsoit of stock.The Apple UK website lists the iphone 4 as 3 weeks of lead time..
    Can anybody plzz temme whether its available in Birminghum or LOndon APPLE stores or any carrier's store who might be selling it WITHOUT any contract..
    Is there any other way to buy an iphone 4 at £499 in THE UK?
    Plz help....
    Thnk you for reading

Shashwat

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You (or your brother) need to phone the stores and ask about stock. It varies daily so even if someone on here tells you a store has stock they could all be sold by the time your brother gets there.

You can find the phone numbers for all the UK stores on here.

3. NaomiSmithxO macrumors member

NaomiSmithxO

I dunno about Birmingham but Londons Apple stores at the moment are still ridiculous.
    People still queuing outside Regent Street early morning.

I ordered mine online last week Monday, and its meant to be arriving today even though on the Apple website it says shipping 3 weeks.

London was way too much hassle for me, and I live here aswell.

Covent Gardens no better either..

4. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Sheffield Meadowhall has some in stock, actually they have loads.

5. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

It will be very difficult to get a phone by next sunday in London. My friend queued outside the Regent Street store last night from midnight till 7am to be told that they had no phones in. Unless you are willing to queue, there will be even less chance to get one as queueing by itself has no guarantees either. Stock in London is scarce and when its there, huge queues buy it all up.

You have a better chance of trying the Apple stores nearer your brothers location.

6. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

7. Therealelvis macrumors newbie

None anywhere!

Went to the Apple store in Westfield today and talked to one of the guys there, they said they still have queues at 7 in morning. Not much change of getting one there I think...

Has anyone tried the Covent Garden store or should I just order offline?

8. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

People STILL queue for these? Wow...and I though it was ridiculous that I had to queue almost 4 hours for mine.

9. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

I find it funny that the guy is telling you they have queues at 7am at Westfields when the mall doesn't open until 10am (and therefore - the stores too). With multiple entry points into the mall - they can never get a queue in the traditional sense until 10am.

My experience of that store is that the manager is quite rude! Covent Garden and Regent Street are impossible. Queues when they are stock - gone in seconds. Order online if you live in London - its the only way.