IPhone 4 back cover replace

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicolas4ever, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Nicolas4ever, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Even though i try to keep my iPhones as good as new the time came when my brother managed to break the back cover of the device. Now what i want from you is to tell me if i perchase an OEM back cover (this) will the cover be thicker or have any minor difference from the one we have on our devices ?
    thanks

2. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

hmm thanks:D because i read that cheap back covers are thicker than the original one.So i guess the OEM means original.

3. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

I'm not sure how much your looking to spend
    Any apple store genius can do it for $29

4. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Well no apple store where i live so no any other option..actually this back was always a problem-.- even from the beginning the cover didnt make a good contact with the stainless steel.you could very well see through xd

5. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i will buy this. Hope it is like the original one (no thicker,cheaper material etc)

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

the inside of that back cover does not look right to me =/

I am pretty sure it is literally just a flat back with a circle for the camera, not that jigsaw looking thing in the picture

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Think it's the same. This is what a straight-out-of-the-box iPhone 4 backplate looks like:

[​IMG]
    Source: iFixit

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

oh you know what....I thought it was a 4S and i think that looks totally different. Maybe I am just crazy and didn't pay attention when I was replacing it haha.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

That must be why then :p The 4S seems to be a lot lighter coloured with less holes.

Just FYI to whoever wants to know, here is the 4S backplate:

[​IMG]

10. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Looks to be the same, I have used oem and other back plates. I understand you want piece of mind. Order it and make sure you get the write screwdriver for your iPhone.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

12. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

thanks everyone for your replies. I do have a screwdriver cause i replaced my home button a few weeks ago. The only thing i want from this product is to not be thicker like i previously read. Because i have some cases that won't fit it if the phone gets fatter lol

13. geekphone macrumors newbie

Iphone 4s parts

have some website who they have large choice of parts , like http://www.ess-mall.com ( they are wholesaler with free shipping ) or ebay and amazon ....