Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

IPhone 4 back cover replace

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Even though i try to keep my iPhones as good as new the time came when my brother managed to break the back cover of the device. Now what i want from you is to tell me if i perchase an OEM back cover (this) will the cover be thicker or have any minor difference from the one we have on our devices ?
thanks

Last edited:

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I'm not sure how much your looking to spend
Any apple store genius can do it for $29

Comment

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I'm not sure how much your looking to spend
Any apple store genius can do it for $29
Well no apple store where i live so no any other option..actually this back was always a problem-.- even from the beginning the cover didnt make a good contact with the stainless steel.you could very well see through xd

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
i will buy this. Hope it is like the original one (no thicker,cheaper material etc)

the inside of that back cover does not look right to me =/

I am pretty sure it is literally just a flat back with a circle for the camera, not that jigsaw looking thing in the picture

Comment

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
the inside of that back cover does not look right to me =/

I am pretty sure it is literally just a flat back with a circle for the camera, not that jigsaw looking thing in the picture

Think it's the same. This is what a straight-out-of-the-box iPhone 4 backplate looks like:

Source: iFixit

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Think it's the same. This is what a straight-out-of-the-box iPhone 4 backplate looks like:

Source: iFixit

oh you know what....I thought it was a 4S and i think that looks totally different. Maybe I am just crazy and didn't pay attention when I was replacing it haha.

Comment

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
oh you know what....I thought it was a 4S and i think that looks totally different. Maybe I am just crazy and didn't pay attention when I was replacing it haha.

That must be why then :p The 4S seems to be a lot lighter coloured with less holes.

Just FYI to whoever wants to know, here is the 4S backplate:

Comment

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
Looks to be the same, I have used oem and other back plates. I understand you want piece of mind. Order it and make sure you get the write screwdriver for your iPhone.

Comment

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
thanks everyone for your replies. I do have a screwdriver cause i replaced my home button a few weeks ago. The only thing i want from this product is to not be thicker like i previously read. Because i have some cases that won't fit it if the phone gets fatter lol

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.