iPhone 4 back cover replaced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macros73, Nov 7, 2010.

1. macros73 macrumors newbie

Suffering from dreaded "scratched lens cover syndrome", I took my iPhone 4 to the local Apple store. I made an appointment with the Genius Bar and twenty minutes later, I was helped by a Genius:

• Explained that I noticed foggy pictures, especially in sunlight.
    • Noted that it appeared my lens cover was very scratched, but there were no scratches elsewhere on the phone.
    • Noted that I heard Apple stores are able to replace just the back cover plate.
    • Employee cheerfully confirmed.
    • Ten minutes later, I had my iPhone back with a new back cover.
    • Five minutes after that, I had my iPhone again in my hands, after the employee removed the inside plastic.
    • After I got home, I removed a third piece of plastic he had missed, one that covered the inside of the lens cover.

Now my iPhone 4 is as good as new. I was not charged and the employee was extremely helpful and pleasant.

Thanks, Apple.

2. trajen macrumors 6502a

I don't see a "Like" button anywhere... Hmm....
    ;)

3. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple also replaced the back cover on my iPhone 4 after I scratched the camera lens cover. They were too busy to take care of me before closing time so I had to come back the next day, at which point they replaced it for free. Now my phone is good as new.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I enjoy reading threads like these

Brings a smile to my face :)