iPhone 4 Back Cover - Sold Separately?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ockforever, Feb 26, 2013.

  1. ockforever macrumors newbie

    Feb 26, 2013
    Hello all.

    Does Apple sells iPhone 4 back cover separately? I don't mean by taking my iPhone to store and replacing it (I know they do that for $29). I am asking if they sell the part only? If so, how and where can I find it? The ones sold in eBay, etc. are all replica, not an Apple product. I just want the part that will be replaced to be %100 geniune Apple product. Is there any web site that sells this part or any way I can get it?

    I live outside the US, by the way. If I want to buy, is it possible for me to order this part only (Apple part number for the back cover is 922-9831), and get it by shipping?
  2. dictoresno macrumors 601


    Apr 30, 2012
    for such a cheap and minor functioning part......who cares if its genuine or not. a replacement screen or camera i would understand. but the back is so basic, just get any one you want.

    i think the parts from ifixit are genuine, email and ask. but for $10 you can get a perfectly similar functioning part, for a quarter of the price.

  3. chargit macrumors 6502a


    Jan 17, 2010
    Evansville, In
    there are no original parts sold. all are aftermarket. dont let any repair shop tell you different. even iFix buys their parts in China. but you can get higher quality and lower quality parts!
  4. Apple Techs macrumors member

    Dec 14, 2012
    Phoenix, Az

    Very true but I did have a parts supplier when the iphone 4 came out with what I took for original parts (they claimed also) but it definitely had the oleophobic coating (you can tell) and they had the foam on the digi and lcd connector...they have since disappeared but it was great when I had them

    as far as the back plate call around to some local shops if you want an original backplate I have them all the time if the customer doesn't want them back after a color swap or you can order in the US for like $5
  5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

    Oct 21, 2012
    The part(s) you're looking for are actually 922-9709 or 922-9710. You can use either, it's just different FCC markings on them.

Share This Page