Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well, I read other thread but non answer the question; what should I do since my backplate is clicking?

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Well, I read other thread but non answer the question; what should I do since my backplate is clicking?

Unscrew the two screws in the bottom and push the backplate up. You should then be able to remove it. Check if there are any broken connectors, and reattach+rescrew. I'm guessing one of the connectors popped out somehow.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
I had the exact same issue. I took it to Apple, and they replaced it on the spot. This is a manufacturing defect. Apple products are under warranty for 1 year, so why would you tear the phone apart.

Of note, Apple replaced the phone (not repair), so ensure you have a good backup of you current iPhone before you walk in there.

Cosmo

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Unscrew the two screws in the bottom and push the backplate up. You should then be able to remove it. Check if there are any broken connectors, and reattach+rescrew. I'm guessing one of the connectors popped out somehow.
Thank you for the help but I just did that and there wasn't anything unhooked, when u press down the backplate you can actually see the part that clicks go down like it was deformed; none of the water indicators have been activated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.