iPhone 4 Back Protection film?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jasonforisrael, Sep 9, 2010.

1. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

I'm looking for a good rear protection film just to keep that back glass looking new and shiny. Anybody got any recs?

2. Lingham macrumors regular

3. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

Zagg invisible shields are what I use.
    If you click the ipad competition at the bottom and enter, you get a discount voucher for between 20 and 50%. You can try for a new voucher each day until you get the 50% one.
    They do sell it with just the rear side protector, but I'm personally using the full body coverage and loving it.
    A tad difficult to apply, but definitely worth it once its on.
    Plus they have a lifetime warranty, so you can replace them every few months when they get scratched.

4. Lingham macrumors regular

About £18 on ebay for the full shell as it were

5. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Power Support!

Do a search on this forum, there films are by far the top rated by most users and look like there is nothing even on your phone!

I have had one for 2 months now and people have NO clue I have a film on either side!

6. Lingham macrumors regular

About £25 for the full film so more expensive!

7. Lingham macrumors regular

Since I posted this I have since taken off my case that I bought. It’s a clamp style around all sides apart from the front. Where I have put it on it has scratched the top left corner and scratched some of the lens!! :(:(

8. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I have the Power Support Back and it attracts finger prints like crazy! Get the SGP ultra matte for the back, unless you don't care about wiping oils off your phone all day!

9. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

zagg has front by itself, back by itself, then full body and now they have maximum which is fullbody but with sides as well to fix your antenna problem.

10. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

zagg is not new and shiny. orange peel is :mad:

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

12. cirial macrumors regular

Just buy the ebay ones. They are just as good as all these costly alternatives that people go gaga over

13. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

What ^^^ says... Zagg InvisibleShield sucks!

14. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

15. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just go on eBay and get those screen protectors. Since it'll be on the back (assuming you're using a case) then you'll never even see it but you'll know the back will be safe from scratches. The eBay ones are cheap and acceptable as far as quality goes. I picked up a three pack of front/rear protectors for $4. Most other name brand protectors will run you anywhere from $10-$20. Personally, I don't think it's worth it but if you want some quality protectors then Power Support is the way to go. I hate ZAGG and any other wet install protectors.

16. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Zagg front and back with bumper. Looks great. Plus it's a life time warranty, they will replace it as long as you own your iPhone or if you replace your iPhone.

17. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

which Power Support one is better in terms of not being noticed - the HD Anti-Glare or the Crystal one?

18. mrathee macrumors 6502

How could you not like invisishield? It is inexpensive and has a lifetime warranty.

I'm betting you are one of the many that didn't follow installation instructions and messed up during the process and, of course, blamed the product.

:rolleyes:

+1

Had Zagg for the last 4 years and have no complaints. Replaced all covers without a fuss, used in my cameras, blackberries and iphones.

19. wattsja macrumors regular

I am using a phantom skinz matte finish back with my scosche bandEDGE case and I am very pleased with it. You can order just the back and you get 2 in the package.

*Note, they are a wet install skin.

20. Sir Sensei macrumors newbie

Another vote for Power Support here. I also used a Switcheasy back screen protector for a while and it was great.

21. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Clear-coat in my opinion is better than Zagg. Not as thick and not nearly as much orange peel look.

Marc

22. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I bought a cheap plastic one on ebay, It's way better because I get 6 sets, front and back for 2$

I use a Power support on the front and a chinese one on the back, under my Speck PixelSkin HD. I am trying to keep it super mint, that way.

23. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

2nd this, I have the same combo :) I love the matte look and feel, and it was only like $11 after a discount code for 2!

24. Hervboo macrumors member

Hervboo

25. newskin macrumors 6502

Using the zagg right now on the back. I can see what everybody is saying, with the orange peel look. Mine looks like the smoothest orange though, I took a good 20 - 25 mins installing that, but now that I've seen those phantom mattes, I'm thinking of switching.