Iphone 4 back replacement question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kokoui, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kokoui macrumors member

I have my iphone 4 since day one and I noticed yesterdays some spider web scratches on the back, I was shocked because I took a lot of care of my iphone anw I found this replacement on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-iPhone...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a5c683f50

I have the following questions. It says on the product description that is is just the glass, so when I do replace it I still have my original product id and codes that are on the back bezel (FCC,IC). Also is it a genuine apple glass or it might be of different quality.

I am thinking also to apply Best skins on the Back instead of replacing. Do you think the scratches will be lest visible with the skin?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well since the actual replacement back is almost $60 I would guess this part is like all parts on eBay. a cheap replacement that may or may not work! on the 3gs the backs were getting cracks down by the charger port. Apple would replace them most of the time. I am guessing they will do this again with the 4. I would take it to them and then get a nice case to protect your phone.

3. n7plus1 Guest

just b/c its ebay and from China and cheaper than $60 doesnt mean its junk. Correct me if im wrong but, werent all the iphone 4's made in China? :D

4. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

That piece is just the back glass itself. No camera ring and it does not have the 2 screw mounts.

5. kokoui thread starter macrumors member

Yes but even if i replace my glass with this one will i still keep the codes ? Are they marked on the bezek or on the glass?