Iphone 4 back screen after home button repair blacklight but no color

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oklahomaboy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. oklahomaboy macrumors newbie

I repaired the home button in my phone and now i have a black screen with blacklight only coming on. I can install the hard drive in to my other iphone and every thing works perfect. So i the hard drive is ok and i can put a different screen on the phone and i get the same thing.

So its not the screen or the hard drive any thought?

I know this is my first post here but i fix iphones to pay for school and could really use the help!

Thanks,
    Beauchamp.

2. oklahomaboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Over 200 view and know one knows anything about this???:confused:

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Logic Board or a faulty connector somewhere.

Also, if you fix phones for a living why don't you know how to troubleshoot these problems already?

4. oklahomaboy thread starter macrumors newbie

As i said the logic board is fine because it powers my other phone flawlessly.
    As to you comment... well... i did as a stated in the op...

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You said the hard drive not the logic board.

6. oklahomaboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I replaced the proximity sensor today and that didnt fix it either..

So its not the proximity sensor, not the hard drive/logic board, why else would i get black light but no color???

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I've had every iPhone since the beginning, and never had a home button issue.

For some reason Apple decided to get cheap (Probably to increase their profit) and put a very poor home button in the iPhone 4.

I'm on my fourth replacement iPhone 4, all replaced by Apple. Already the new one in less than two months is acting up. This is simply unacceptable from a premium company like Apple.

Yet that said, I am fully aware that all they care about is bragging rights as the company with the most money, power, and influence.

They are _Not_ the company they once were when it comes to actually caring about their customers.

At the genius bar, depending on who waits on you, they do have some latitude as Apple is overflowing with the funds to do goodwill replacements even when out of warranty. That's how I got the last one, but I'm not counting on anything in the future other than the failure of these incredibly cheap mechanical buttons.

Why Apple would use old school tech like a mechanical button on a terrific touch screen device is odd indeed.

The touch sensitive buttons on my Androids are wonderful and there is nothing to be concerned about. Dirt and dust proof they do what Apple claims "they just work". Android is far better than many give credit for .

I like both Android and Apple, I'm just really disappointed in the "New Apple" with some of the stunts they pull.