iPhone 4 - Backplate Loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blameitondan, Apr 10, 2011.

1. blameitondan macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2011
    Hey, I bought my iPhone in September 2010, back then I noticed when I pressed the backplate, something clicks, like theres space between the backplate and the inside hardware.
    A few days ago, a friend of mine bought an iPhone 4 too, and I noticed that his is solid, nothing clicks or moves. It's not much of a problem, but that click drives me crazy.
    Is it normal? Could I swap my iPhone for a new one?

Thanks a lot!
  2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Jun 9, 2009
    SI, NY
    mine does this as well, but not all the time. when i brought it in it wouldn't click so i told the guy that i would bring it back if it happened again (it did ). so i got to go back soon.
  3. blameitondan thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2011
  4. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2003
    New York, NY
    My first iPhone 4 (from launch day) did this pretty much all the time. I just got used to it. However, I had a weird issue with my Power button and took it in for service: the replacement iPhone 4 (which I happen to know is actually a new unit, not a recondition) does this as well, but only very occasionally. So I think it's just random.

Apple won't replace your unit for that specific issue, no. If something else goes wrong, they will.
  5. dryja123 macrumors regular

Aug 20, 2009
    Cosmetic issues are not covered under Apples warranty
  6. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2010
    this isnt a cosmetic issue.

OP, yes you can get it replaced, a friend of mine had the same problem and got it swapped. It will be replaced with a refurb.