iPhone 4 - Backplate Loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blameitondan, Apr 10, 2011.

1. blameitondan macrumors newbie

Hey, I bought my iPhone in September 2010, back then I noticed when I pressed the backplate, something clicks, like theres space between the backplate and the inside hardware.
    A few days ago, a friend of mine bought an iPhone 4 too, and I noticed that his is solid, nothing clicks or moves. It's not much of a problem, but that click drives me crazy.
    Is it normal? Could I swap my iPhone for a new one?

Thanks a lot!

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

mine does this as well, but not all the time. when i brought it in it wouldn't click so i told the guy that i would bring it back if it happened again (it did ). so i got to go back soon.

3. blameitondan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Bluefusion

My first iPhone 4 (from launch day) did this pretty much all the time. I just got used to it. However, I had a weird issue with my Power button and took it in for service: the replacement iPhone 4 (which I happen to know is actually a new unit, not a recondition) does this as well, but only very occasionally. So I think it's just random.

Apple won't replace your unit for that specific issue, no. If something else goes wrong, they will.

5. Harpoon Spoon macrumors regular

Cosmetic issues are not covered under Apples warranty

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

this isnt a cosmetic issue.

OP, yes you can get it replaced, a friend of mine had the same problem and got it swapped. It will be replaced with a refurb.