iPhone 4 bad reception even with bumper case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johntomk, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Johntomk macrumors newbie

Has anyone had bad reception even with the bumper case? Everytime I am on a call in the same places I used my 3GS people tell me I'm cutting out and I lose bars. I have also noticed I switch from 3G to edge a lot more than I did with my 3GS. I have reset my network setting, restored, and soft reset my phone. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions??

2. Doc69 macrumors 6502

Me too

I have the same exact issues. I'm using my iP4 hands free, so the death grip is not involved here. I have a 45 min commute on the Pacific Coast Highway between Malibu and Santa Monica in CA. With my 3GS, I could hold a conversation the whole way and "only: get one or two dropped call. With the iP4, I have zero reception half of the way and very bad reception on another quarter of the way. Basically I can not make calls anymore while driving to and from work.

I have also noticed that 3G doesn't kick in as often as it would with the 3GS. I know the exact location where 3G would kick initially during my drive. It always did at this exact location by Point Dume. With the iP4, no 3G for another 10 min or so.

As these reception issues are not related to holding the phone, and the iP4 was supposed to have BETTER reception, especially when signal was weak, I'm wondering if others are having these issues as well or if my phone is just a lemon?

When I have a strong signal, however, the iP4 seems faster than the 3GS. But in Los Angeles, where I drive around, this doesn't happen very often.