iPhone 4 baseband 04.12.02

Shouaieb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2013
I bought an iPhone 4 from a friend and he told me that its officially unlocked!
the iphone work with any sim card. The problem is that I found that Ultrasnow is installed & my baseband is 04.12.02 I know that Ultrasnow unlock iphone 4 with basebande 1.59.00. But when i deleted Ultrasnow the iphone become sim locked and don't work with any sim card.
Then I reinstalled ultrasnow, the iphone work's again with sim cards.
I want to know what is the problem & if my iphone is officially unlocked I tried with IMEI.com website but give me nothing!

Now my iphone is on ios 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.02.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
do i have to restore ??
cause i don't wanna lose my jailbreak, is there any other methode ??
Open cydia and click tss center. Do you have shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1? if not, use iFaith and dump your SHSH blobs. This will allow you to restore your device back to iOS 5.1.1 and get an untethered jailbreak

Sine Qua Non

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011
You do not need to restore to deactivate your phone. You can deactivate with redsn0w or SAM and avoid restoring.

alastairhall

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
iPhone 4 baseband 04.12.02

May be the phone is not Factory unlocked and is only Jailbroken. Factory unlock can solve this problem.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
May be the phone is not Factory unlocked and is only Jailbroken. Factory unlock can solve this problem.
Maybe read the whole thread first, he checked the IMEI and it says unlocked.

Do some research, you will find out what works and what doesn't work on unlocks, jailbreaks and BB's

Shouaieb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2013
I bought an iPhone 4 from a friend and he told me that its officially unlocked!
the iphone work with any sim card. The problem is that I found that Ultrasnow is installed & my baseband is 04.12.02 I know that Ultrasnow unlock iphone 4 with basebande 1.59.00. But when i deleted Ultrasnow the iphone become sim locked and don't work with any sim card.
Then I reinstalled ultrasnow, the iphone work's again with sim cards.
I want to know what is the problem & if my iphone is officially unlocked I tried with IMEI.com website but give me nothing!

Now my iphone is on ios 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.02.
:confused::confused::confused:

Shouaieb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2013
i did run redsnow then i chosed to deactiveat my iphone ( you know that my iphone won t work without ultrasnow ) then i did connected to itunes to activeated but i did show me this error :/

bananapancake

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Hi,
I came upon this thread while trying to unlock my iphone 4
its running ios 6 and the baseband is 4.12.2
its locked to orange, i have jailbroken it and installed ultrasnow
its now not working with an orange sim or tesco sim which is what my contract is on
can anybody help?
thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi,
I came upon this thread while trying to unlock my iphone 4
its running ios 6 and the baseband is 4.12.2
its locked to orange, i have jailbroken it and installed ultrasnow
its now not working with an orange sim or tesco sim which is what my contract is on
can anybody help?
thanks
Ultrasn0w will never work with your baseband.
Your option is an IMEI unlock