iPhone 4 battery cailibration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canada eh, May 4, 2011.

1. canada eh macrumors regular

Hi,

I got my iphone 4 last October and now with normal every-day usage the battery is almost dead half way through the day. Do I need to calibrate the battery? If I do how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance :)

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Continue using your iPhone until the thing shuts off by itself. Then plug it in and let it charge back up completely. If after this you're still having issues with your battery, shut off your bluetooth, push email, etc and see if that helps. Still having issues with your battery, then take it to the Apple store and see if they can help, or get you a replacement iPhone.

3. canada eh thread starter macrumors regular

Ive let it run down completely a couple times before but i havent had any visible changes. I could try lowering the brightness and turning off the push notifications. It still should'nt go down 5% battery for just a facebook update.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I've read in a few places that doing a restore as new on your phone, and then manually syncing over the apps and playlists, can increase your battery.

5. iFiend macrumors 65816

Calibrating your battery is just that. It will not improve battery life, it will only make you percentage more accurate.

Play with your settings, restore as new or take it in for a checkup. Those are your options.

6. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Try the full reset as iceterminal suggests. May cases of corrupted software can cause battery drainage. Also make sure you are running the most recent OS.

If that does not solves it and you are still on warranty take it to the Apple store for a battery replacement.

Also here is the official Apple info on battery care:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Hope that helps.

7. canada eh thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses, i'll do a full restore tonight to see if it has any effects on the battery life, I don't want to turn off the push notifications and push email unless I have too.

it could be that I am in a no service area for most of the day and the phone keeps trying to get the service so maybe I just need to switch it into airplane mode whenever I have no service.

8. sbddude macrumors 6502a

That's exactly why.

Do you have WiFi in that area? If you are connected to WiFi when in a fringe area, it will help.

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

This is 100% your issue. I wouldn't bother with a restore.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You phone searching for a tower to "talk" to is VERY hard on the battery. This is likely your major problem.

11. iFiend macrumors 65816

Hello? :confused:

12. canada eh thread starter macrumors regular

thats what I thought it was, I will have to put it into airplane mode more to solve this problem, but I still do believe there is a problem with the battery so I will do a restore for good measure just to be sure.

13. Thisis macrumors newbie

restore and use another iOS version, and simpliest is change new iphone :eek: