iPhone 4 Battery Charge Rate Indicator

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thetoad30, Aug 11, 2011.

1. thetoad30 macrumors regular

I've been searching mercilessly using this forum and google, and cannot find a real answer.

Is there a way to show when the iPhone 4 is in either fast charge or standard charge mode? I'm looking for either a mA in diagnostic mode like the classic iPods had, or an app to do so. I am JB, so anything in Cydia would work too (I haven't found any app to date that does this).

Thank you.

2. drducati macrumors newbie

Current meter

Yes there is in fact. It's called MyWi (as in My Wifi) which put a current meter (+/- mA) on its control panel when it is broadcasting. It helped me determine which cheap iphone charging cords and chargers were bogus from eBay (there were many) - interestingly all cables on Ebay did not charge the iphone as quickly as the OEM :apple: cable (i.e. 186mA vs 396mA etc...). Unfortunately using MyWi is broken in that it informs ATT (by sending packets to the tethering server) that you are jail broken and using tethering 'unofficially' which will then cause them to send a warning to you and then drop you from their unlimited internet plan. :mad: So I uninstalled it. But there are alternatives as well but don't have the current meter. :cool: