iPhone 4 battery drain after installing an app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mystic Eddy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I installed MyLife by Zokem and saw it didn't work very well so uninstalled it. Since then, my usage and standby time have been exactly the same, so I'm led to believe that something didn't uninstall properly.
    The downside to this is that my battery is draining 1% every 5 minutes rather than every 10 when in use. I cannot fathom the standby/usage problem though! I'm jailbroken on 4.3.1 and have never experienced such a problem before. Any advice is welcome!

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Soft reset of your device if you're untethered, which I'm sure you are since you're still rocking 4.3.

Also, load Cydia and let it compile your packages, then respring your device.

3. Mystic Eddy thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly the above steps haven't alleviated the issue. I also don't understand why Cydia would come into the equation when the app in question is off the App Store?
    Only other thing I can think of is to hunt for any rogue entries with iFile for the app and go from there.

4. Mystic Eddy thread starter macrumors regular

I managed to stop the problem by performing a hard reset. However, the phone is now exhibiting the same problem but won't hard reset. Whenever I hold the Power and Home buttons, Voice Control always comes up. I've tried disabling it in the relevant plist file but when the phone resets, apps are still in the task switcher so it hasn't performed a hard reset.
    Anyone got any ideas?

5. Mystic Eddy thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

No one got any advice then? I suspect it's to do with the 'locationd' process which I believe is Location Services; but even when disabled, it's still listed as a running process.