Iphone 4 Battery Draining Quickly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noatonement, Jul 27, 2011.

1. noatonement macrumors member

I've had the phone for about a year come the end of august and it's been great for the most part. Just recently (about three or four days ago) i've noticed that my battery is draining very quickly and the usage of the phone hasn't increased.

I think i'm actually using the phone less, but the battery keeps draining quickly. I've deleted all my mail accounts, shut the phone off, then reloaded only one of the three mail accounts. Location services and notifications are also all turned off and i make sure when i open my multitasking bar, the only app that stays open is SMS.

I'm wondering is there any other fix i should try? or should i just go ahead and do a reboot of the phone as a new phone. Also if i do the reboot as a new phone, will all my contacts be erased? Not really sure about this because i always just use a previous backup when i do a reboot. Thanks for any help.

2. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Do you have a lot of apps running in the background in the multitasking bar?
    Do you have practical brightness?
    Do you turn off 3G to EDGE/turn off data altogether when your not using your iPhone?
    Do you turn off WiFi when your not using your iPhone?
    Do you turn off location services if not used?
    Do you game a lot with it when you use it?
    Is the iPhone jailbroken with many tweaks? or with minimal tweaks?

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

4. noatonement thread starter macrumors member

The only app constantly running is SMS since i always use it. After i'm done with each app i close it.
    Practical brightness? As in auto? If so it's off.
    I keep 3G on, but its always been on and i've never encountered this problem.
    WiFi is usually always off.
    Location services is off.
    I game occasionally, but as soon as i noticed the battery draining quickly, i haven't played any games since.
    The phone is not jailbroken.