iPhone 4 battery drains VERY fast!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TigerNation10, Sep 8, 2011.

1. TigerNation10 macrumors member

I've noticed over the past couple weeks my battery drains somewhat faster than usual, which I thought was normal for a phone over a year old. But on two separate occasions, the battery has drained very quickly. My phone was at 100% around 7:30 am then by noon today, it is at 25% with very minimal use (one phone call, facebook browsing for about 5 minutes). Anyone else experience an issue like this? Anything I can do to help it?

2. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Tried quitting all apps? The usual things like turning off 3g and bluetooth?

3. TigerNation10 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah only had about 3 apps running, which is a lot less than usual. Wifi wasn't connected.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

One app in general for me will kill my battery FAST if I leave it open in the background...WEATHER CHANNEL!!

I'd bet something like this is what is happening to you. Did you happen to notice what you had running the background?

6. TigerNation10 thread starter macrumors member

7. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Is the phone warm to touch? If so then something is corrupt and a full restore with setting the phone up as new is probably the only solution, as was the case when I had the issue a few days ago.

You could also have a failing battery - but I'd try the restore first.

8. TigerNation10 thread starter macrumors member

Yes it is somewhat warm. What do I need to do to restore it? Go through iTunes?

9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

10. TigerNation10 thread starter macrumors member

Will my contacts and everything be backed up and still available to access upon restoration?

11. vietalogy macrumors 6502

It should ask if you want to backup before you restore.

12. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'd restore as new first. Give it a day, see what the battery does. If all is well, then restore from the backup. Retest.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I had that a few weeks ago, I hadn't updated the software in a while, but would be dropping to like 20% by the time I got home from work. I updated the software and everything seems fine now; you can just get cruft in there after a while that decreases battery life.