Iphone 4 Battery Immediately Dropping to 99%

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AdamCohen13, Aug 12, 2011.

1. AdamCohen13 macrumors member

So my problem is that each morning when I take my Iphone off of the charger, the battery percentage immediately drops to 99%, even though it says 100% and has the plug in icon on the charger itself. I charge my Iphone every night, so this may be why this is happening, but I tried hard reseting the phone by holding the home button and sleep button, and I just synchronized the battery yesterday (by completely draining and recharging) and the same thing happened to me this morning. Should I not charge every night and let it drop to say below 40% before I charge this baby? Because it seems that if I do that the dropping to 99% does not immediately happen. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. AdamCohen13 thread starter macrumors member

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You'll find your phone does reach 100% but then stops charging till it drops off then it tops it up. If you power your phone off and charge it all night then power it on in the morning you will have your 100%

5. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

thats battery dying, slowly but dying

cuz I've had mine for almost a year and it always stays at 100% for about 20 minutes using 3G youtube and ****

6. Todthebod macrumors member

Rechargeable battery life is significantly reduced if charged to 100%. They know this so batteries are really only charged to about 90% no matter what your readout says.

7. jake921660 macrumors regular

so much false information in this thread. the reason for it is that to avoid overheating and battery damage the phone will stop charging when it reaches 100%. once it drops below a certain level it will start again till it gets full and repeats this until it is unplugged.