iphone 4 battery is draining like crazy

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JosephEsquivel, Sep 28, 2010.

1. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

I charged my phone to 100% this morning, did some casual use, came home and i just looked at it and its at 5% out of nowhere! could this be from trying to constantly find a wifi spot? it says i was connected to some server called Free Public Wifi but i never use that, any help?

2. Injector macrumors newbie

Turn wifi off when you're not using it. Job done.

3. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

it just started doing this yesterday thou and ive had it since day one

4. Injector macrumors newbie

Reboot the phone but before you do so, check what apps you have open in the apps tray. Try introducing them one by one and see what effect it has on the battery. I'm presuming you haven't updated your firmware and that's the reason for battery life issues?

5. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

is it jailbroken, if so what have you installed? if it is not, are you not closing all your back grounded apps? if not, close those, shut off bluetooth if it is on and you are not using it, also wifi when not in use. if anything restore, and set up as a new device and re sync everything, but dont resync from a backup.

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

That happened to me once. Had my phone charged to 100% prior to going to work and then sometime in the early afternoon it had somehow dropped to 8%. I never found out what happened but that was the only time it happened (has worked reasonably well since then).

What I do notice is that a lot of times after I charge the phone, the percentage indicator drops rather quickly so I have to completely shut the phone off and turn it back on for the correct percentage to show. I doubt this is normal but I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it's indicative of a bigger problem.

7. worldinwon macrumors newbie

Good info!!

I will try to turn off WIFI!!!
    And i will post up the result!!!!

8. wsbentAR macrumors newbie

Battery gets only 5 hours of standby after 4.1 update

So there is no doubt that as soon as I updated my iphone 4 to 4.1, my battery doesn't last very long. The battery gets a little hot most of the time as well. I've done a reboot/reset several times and that hasn't helped. I've closed apps, etc too. I also turned wifi off as well. Any advice?

9. mikeee macrumors regular

i noticed that when you tap on the home screen to open up the screen, the wifi signal shows up right away, i thought wifi was suppose to be off when the phone is in idle mode to save battery even if "wifi" is ON.