iphone 4 battery issue - advice please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tmpecus78, May 13, 2013.

1. tmpecus78 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I have 2 iphone 4's that stopped charging (not sure why). I just replaced both with new batteries, but for some reason when I plug them into the usb cable and into my iMac, neither will charge at all. wtf is the issue? :confused:

- btw Neither phones ever have gotten wet.

2. tmpecus78 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

It is either the battery or the charger since you changed the battery for both of them and since you charge both with a single charger.

1. Check whether charger/USB cable works fine with another iDevice
    2. If it is not that, the batteries you bough are faulty - see if you can return them

4. tmpecus78 thread starter macrumors newbie

It works fine with my iPhone4s. I have tried two separate chargers and and even a USB cord plugged into my iMac.

5. tmpecus78 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone else have any idea what the issue could be? :confused:

6. MarkMoseley1 macrumors member

MarkMoseley1

I would pull the back cover off again and make sure the battery connector is correctly seated onto the main board. If one end of it is not seated correctly or the screw is some how preventing the connector from correctly sitting to the board that can cause the issue.

You might want to return the batteries like bloutrein suggested.

Also you might want to make sure you got the correct iPhone 4 battery. One was made for the GSM model and the other was for the CDMA model. The difference is due to the Vibrator motor being changed and moved from the top corner of the phone (GSM) to the lower part of the phone next to where the battery connector is (CDMA). Apple did some tweaking of the board and the battery to do this.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601