iPhone 4 battery issues after downloading iPhone 4 Case Program app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mkerns21, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mkerns21 macrumors newbie

I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 4 battery until this past weekend, i downloaded the iPhone 4 Case Program app Friday afternoon and then by the time i got home my battery was down to twenty something percent, it's never down below 50% since i got the phone. I would charge it in the morning to 100 % and it would be fine all day but since downloading that app the battery has been draining within about 6 hours with very little usage. I charged it full to 100 % friday night, woke up the next morning and it was completely dead, has been doing this every night now. I charge this morning up to a little over 50 % and it died about an hour ago, just went to best buy and picked up an extra charger for work. I don't know if it has something to do with that app, maybe they put a service that is constantly running in the background to monitor and report reception or maybe its a coincedence but something is up with my battery now.

Anyone else experiencing this issue all of a sudden? The phone itself is hot too, didn't used to be this hot.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

try deleting that app and closing all apps running in the background.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you tried deleting the app to see if that fixes the problem?

4. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

have you deleted the app?

It may just have been a corrupt install... if deleting the app and a hard reset doesn't fix the problem, try restoring from a backup from just before you installed the app.

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

While we don't know if your troubles are related to the case app or not, once you order the case the app is useless. It checks the phone's serial number and if you've already placed an order, the app indicates as much and has no further functionality. May as well delete it.

6. rangtang macrumors member

My battery life is shortened up some it seems too:
    Usage: 1 hour 3 minutes
    Standby: 1 hour 33 minutes
    Battery at 85%

All I've done is a little web browsing on wifi, and played with camera + some. Closed multitasking aps and screen brightness is about 75% up

Tried a hard reset (lock & home buttons)
    Haven't noticed anything else wrong with the iPhone 4 aside from the antenna issue. Would hate to have to get another one, but my battery was performing better than this a month ago.