iphone 4 battery life not sure if this is normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redwings13, Oct 12, 2010.

1. redwings13 macrumors newbie

i have had the iphone 4 since august. i jail broke it about a month after having it. for the next month or month and a half it worked great. all of a sudden i thought my battery was draining faster so i unjailbroke it. it still was dropping faster like 1 % every 4-5 minutes if i was texting or something. but if it idles its fine. then yesterday i jailbroke it again and it is still giving me problems. Is that normal? when i restored i did not restore as new phone. what should i do?

2. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

3. redwings13 thread starter macrumors newbie

have you done this and know if it will work? before i loose all my stuff

4. redwings13 thread starter macrumors newbie

have you done this and know if it will work? before i loose all my stuff

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've noticed that my phone (not jailbroken) does something similar when I take it off the charger. The indicator will drop faster than it should so I have to completely shut off the phone and turn it back on in order to get it to read correctly. Maybe your phone is displaying less battery than you really have?

6. neild1 macrumors newbie

Fast battery drain

My Usage and Stanby time are identical even though the iphone 4 seems to be in suspend mode. Is there sort of a task manager to see if there is an app that didn't close when exiting. My battery is draining quite fast since a week.

Attached Files:

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just double tap on the home button and that will show you if anything is still open. You can also get one of the sysinfo apps from Cydia or the Apple store.

8. neild1 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips, a hard reset fixed the problem, I think the problem orginated when I upgraded the Skype app, it crashed during the update.