iPhone 4 battery life question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deraj090, May 16, 2011.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Hey guys--

Just got a refurb from the Apple store. I'm worried about my battery life on this device. How much "Usage" time (from the "general" menu) should I expect out of a full charge? I have 1h 20m of usage at 75% right now. That seems like only 5h 20m from the full battery... a little low, no?

Thanks!
    J

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Battery life reading is not linear so use it for a few cycles first

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Also, usage will vary by different peoples usage.

that being said, I vary between 5-7 hrs on mine (I do a lot of 3G web surfing and games).

4. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

ok cool, thanks guys... I'll go through a few cycles before I start claiming a faulty battery.

Today has mostly just been 'words with friends' and a few twitter/facebook reloads, so I expected slightly better batt. life.

5. iFiend macrumors 65816

My latest stats from this morning:

IMG_0700.PNG

Like others have said it totally depends on what you're doing. Most of this usage was phone, internet, email and text. Sometimes when I am doing some heavy gaming like Infinity Blade my usage is a lot less before it's dead.

I'd let that sucker fully discharge and recharge to full to calibrate. I always do that with a refurb (had a few) and every month or so anyway.

6. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Ouch -- how many reburbs? for what reasons? I had mine replaced for a rattling power/sleep key... and because I purchased it used with a few dings on the front screen... figured it'd be worth the swap if they were offering it.