iPhone Iphone 4 battery life

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dongwe, Nov 9, 2010.

How long your iPhone 4 battery survive after a full charge?

1. less than 12 hours

5 vote(s)
  2. 12 - 24 hours

9 vote(s)
  3. 24 - 48 hours

9 vote(s)
  4. more than 48 hours

5 vote(s)
  1. dongwe macrumors member

Jul 30, 2010
    Hallo to everybody!

I think it would be a good thing for everyone to do a survey about our iPhone 4 battery life.

In my case: with all enabled (ultrasn0w, lockinfo, mail push, multitasking) my battery life is about 2 days (48h).
    In the two nights i go in airplane mode so 32 - 34 h iPhone works and 16 - 14 h it sleeps.

I'm very satisfied. 2 days for a smartphone is not so bad.

And you?
  2. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Your post means nothing without detailing your usage. Also, who puts their phone in airplane mode for the night?
  3. dongwe thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2010
    You have reason aggie, thank you for your reply!
    Thanks to all who help me to make this post more useful.

i do or receive calls for about 2-4 hours.
    then everyday i go in Cydia to verify if there are changes or news.
    i navigate in safari for about 1-2 hour.
  4. dongwe thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2010
    I really appreciate if someone help me to make this survey more useful.

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Nov 4, 2008
    I posted on the basis of the average day of use. Internet surfing, texting, calling, gaming (angry birds/fruit ninja/tony hawk/doodle jump). It really depends on how much you think your battery life is when you factor in standby. I can have it asleep for the entire night and lose a percent or 2. In the end, I've noticed that I can go 2 days worth without having it charged. I have it fully charged at 8AM and don't decide to charge it until late the next day (I want it charged the night before because I have class all day the next day). I have to say I am very pleased with the battery life of the iPhone 4. I played spider man and mirror's edge all day, beating all both the games which totaled about 6 hours of gaming and my phone had about 4% battery life. So as a portable game player, 6 hours of intense gaming is enough for me. Most of the other smart phones can't come close to that so I am very happy.
  6. protox macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    My battery last me 4-4.5 hours of non stop playing games. Not sure if that is good but whatever. But if I use it normally, it'd last about 2 days.
  7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

May 21, 2009
    I have to charge my phone every night or I won't make it through the next day but I do get a full day's use out of it.

That being said, I'm also a power user of sorts-- well, I guess dork is a better word. I use it constantly to look up things, check twitter, receive and respond to emails and texts on the fly (thousands per month), watch democracy now, play games. I do web work and when I have meetings with people I'll often tether through the whole meeting.

All in all I'd have to say I spend at least 4.5 hours a day glued to my iPhone. The fact that it can get me through all of that without a charge is pretty awesome.

I wonder if power consumption will become so efficient in mobile devices that in a few years we'll get the kind of battery time that we used to on dumbphones. That would be pretty awesome.
  8. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2010
    i have MOG running from 9am (start work) till 7pm (end work) and break for 2 hours lunch time...

in between there will be mails, macrumors forum, sms, meebo, with about 2 hours total of facetime and skype/yahoo video calls, ..,..

and the phone would still be ~20% by work end, and last for another hour for the gym with MOG...

so basically, not too shabby i think...