Iphone 4 battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DonnieDio, Jan 9, 2011.

1. DonnieDio macrumors newbie

Looking to get a new phone and Iphone 4 is one of my options. But I'd really like to know about battery life, specifically for gaming. On my friends phones one game in particular that I like is Angry Birds, so I'd really appreciate it if people could give me an idea of how many hours I can get out of this game on the Iphone 4? But of course all games are welcome :)

2. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Games eat up a LOT of battery life. For me, usually 30 minutes of gaming is at least 7-9% battery gone.

3. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

batt is good just have to calibrate it once a while and give it a good break-in as said games does suck up battery but it depends on your settings..ex.push/brightness/how you use it..3G does eats up battery bit faster then wifi..so use it when its around

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Yep the person who posted 30 min for 7-9% is about right. With light gaming, light phone calls, and moderate texting, my iPhone can last 3-4 days without a charge. It's pretty convenient I have to say.

5. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

The battery is amazing. I came from an EVO and it lasts 4x as long.

6. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

Battery is great, about 4-5 hours of game play.

7. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Really? Because the battery life you just described is pretty amazing. Let's say 8% per 30 min. That's 16% per hour, or 6 hours and 15 minutes of battery life. Considering the phone is rated at 7 hours of talk time, that's pretty darn good.