iPhone 4 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NJBlackBerry, Jul 23, 2010.

1. NJBlackBerry macrumors member

New 32gb iPhone4, running iOS 4.0.1.
    The iPhone is not my primary phone.

Wednesday night I powered it off (not standby - I shut it off), and turned it on this morning to find the battery totally drained.

Is that normal?

Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Doesn't seen normal, while no as bad as your I also had experienced some battery drainage after upgrading to 4.0.1, before (with 4.0) I could go 2 days with no problem, now it only last me at day.

No doing anything different, reboot a few times just to check, no location service or anything weird running on background.

Not sure if the "signal display" fix is using the radio more often to determine the RSSI, but it have been sone change for sure.

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Definitely not normal. Mine loses anywhere from 2% to 4% max per night when on standby and about 1% when powered off.

4. jackblack73 macrumors newbie

Of course it's not normal. Do you really have to ask? The last three days I've intentionally been using my phone pretty lightly. Mostly checking emails, a few phone calls, and a 3 mile run using a GPS tracking app. I now have 4 hours 28 minutes of usage and 3 days standby time, and still 38% of battery left.

5. NJBlackBerry thread starter macrumors member

I don't know what's normal. Maybe I am holding it the wrong way.

THAT'S WHY I ASKED. It isn't normal. I will reset it back to factory condition and reload the OS. Thanks to everyone who gave helpful posts.