macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I use the Zagg Sparq 2.0
It'd has a built in plug and it can charge 2 device simultaneously.
Little on the expensive side but Zagg tends to run decent sales frequently

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
so far the zagg looks good but its only 6000, but it works like an apple charger and can plug right into a socket... the trent that i posted is 11,000.... which is a HUGE amount of power.. only down side is u need to plug a separate plug to charge it.. but it looks pretty good too....

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
I would think there are 2 types, one that connects directly to the bottom.

It would look something like http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/lineout-miniusb.html except bigger and well a battery pack .

And I found this:
http://www.newtrent.com/Best-IPhone-IPad-Battery-Pack-p/imp1000.htm

The latter looks better and the ability to charge is impressive.

Having a direct connection and connect by wire has its ups and downs.

But I would like to see what else is out there. THANKS
I have the imp from newtrent, and after trying a ton of packs, this one is easily the best one out there.

Badfoot

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
London, UK
Cant find it on amazon :rolleyes:

http://jeremygohblog.com/2011/01/25/review-sanyo-eneloop-mobile-booster-kbc-l2b-5000mah-1a-output/

you can see the review of the updated version with 5000mah printed on the back of the box
Thanks.

Yes the 5000mAh new version is completely different from the older one. This new one has an internal LiOn battery of 5000MaH, but it's not really as versatile as the one you showed. That used AA batteries (eneloop or any rechargeable/non-rechargeable), but it wouldn't have anywhere near 5000mAh at 5v output. More like less than 2000 mAH. They are very handy though, I have a variant of this for travelling..AA's are universally available!.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
I have the imp from newtrent, and after trying a ton of packs, this one is easily the best one out there.
thats what I figured from what everyone has posted that seems the sleekest... does it really perform like it has 11,000mah? thats ALOT... like 5 times.. !!!! and price wise size wise and looks wise it beats everything everyone has mentioned hands down

chachlate

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I got one of these when I had an iPhone 3g. I had hoped it would work as well with the iPhone 4, but when I made the switch I found it almost impossible to get the new iPhone to charge on it. I discovered eventually that if the battery is at full charge, it will not transfer charge to the iPhone 4. I have to plug it into my old iPod 5G and let it sit for a minute or two and drain off some charge. Then it will charge the iPhone 4. Weird workaround, but if you happen to have an older iPod or an iPhone 3G(s?) around you might be able to use it -- save you a lot of money too. Just my two bits.