iPhone 4 battery problem. (Drains itself)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wildcat1221, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Wildcat1221, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011

Wildcat1221 macrumors newbie

I'm starting to worry about my iPhone's battery. Lately it has been draining itself REALLY fast. Yesterday I noticed that by the time I turned it off, the battery was at 90%, the last time I looked at it, it was at around 97%. (I hadn't used it the rest of the day). Also, in the mornings after charging over night, I unplug it around 6:40 AM (forget to turn it off) and by 3 PM, the battery level is at 93%, and it was in stand-by the entire day (and on a desk). I have Push turned off and brightness set to auto. I also make sure to take all the apps running in the background off too. Do I need to go see and Apple Genius, or is this normal?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Sounds ok to me... 7% in over 8 hours does not seem unreasonable ... remember it still consumes power when it is searching for a signal or switching cell towers.

With that being said if you had it laying on a desk not moving for that period of time.. yes that could be excessive battery drain.

3. Wildcat1221 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I forgot to add that, but it was sitting on a desk.