iPhone 4 battery problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by josueg942, Nov 4, 2010.

1. josueg942 macrumors member

Well friends, brothers and sisters, it seems to me like I never have had any luck with Apple Products and their battery life. My Macbook Pro has had to get it's battery replaced twice in less than 2 years. My 2nd gen iPod touchs battery lasts me about only half a day just listening music, and now, my first ever iPhone, an iPhone 4, is giving me the same luck. I bought it on launch day so I have had for almost 5 months now. So I have been having this problem for about a month now. I have tried to power cycle or hard reset, calibrate the battery but to no avail. In the first month of owning my iPhone I was impressed with the battery life, because it was really long! At 100% it would take like 40 minutes for it to go down to 99% just listening to Pandora Radio... and the remaining %s like 10 minutes to go down 1 by 1. But My Battery at 100% only lasts like 4 minutes which is supposed to be the longest lasting percentage.The remaining percentages only lasts like 2 minutes! When I sleep at night I leave it at 100% but when I wake up after 6 hours of sleep it's in 98%... before that didn't happen... and it's suppose to be able to last 300 hours in standby mode.! It is running on the latest firmware 4.1! I don't even have a case for it so heat is not a problem. And I'm in a cold region in California so that isn't a problem either! Will I have to buy a new iPhone? Will I have to pay for a new battery? I did, once however restore my iPhone 4 and restore it from a backup from the same iPhone 4... don't know if that's an issue. Please please help! Thanks!

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Any GPS or applications running in the background?

3. josueg942 thread starter macrumors member

Nope. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I have location services off, push off, fetch data off, notifications off and bluetooth off. Brightness is on auto

4. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I'm having this same exact issue. Mine began early this week, I noticed my phone was very warm in my pocket and is now getting worse daily.

I did a complete restore, last night to no avail. The only new program I have is the Facebook update. I removed that last night as well - but, it didn't help.

Today, the phone was fully charged at 7a, by 9:30a it was at 70%. Wifi off, BT off, Emails set to sync every 30-minutes, not a text or a phone call.

I can literally read one email and watch the battery drop 2%! :eek: I've had my i4 since the release day without any issues. This is all very odd.

I called Apple support and they offered to send me a replacement and I can send mine back. My phone is in immaculate condition, I hope I don't get some beater refurb.

5. josueg942 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your response!
    I called Apple and since I don't have Applecare... I have an appointment at my local Apple Store tomorrow... hopefully I can get a Replacement with a NEW iPhone or a fix to the battery... I really depend on my iPhone so hopefully a fix tomorrow!

6. idaytrip, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

idaytrip macrumors newbie

New Fast Battery Drain

My Iphone 4 just started having a fast battery drain problem starting over the weekend (Nov 6th 2010). Before that, the phone would easily last a day and a half with heavy use. Now in the morning after charging overnight the battery is down to 75% after just reading email & news over breakfast. I have restored the phone (and restored apps from backup). With the same results.

I guess the next step would be to restore the phone as new (and not restore apps).

Any other ideas?

RZ
    **** Update ****

My company changed the ssl cert from self signed to a registered ssl cert. Using the iPhone Configuration Utility I could see that the phone was in a loop with ActiveSync. After uninstall/reinstall Exchange mail account, batt has remained at 93% for the last 2 hours.

RZ